[Lnc-votes] [Lnc-business] Ballot access

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Aug 26, 2016, 6:48:06 PM8/26/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
Can Mr. Repath or someone else on the ballot access committe please give us an update on how many states are secured, which ones are still in play and if we anticiapte any problems in those states?

Thanks and

Live Free,

Sam Goldstein
Libertarian National Committee
Member at Large
8925 N Meridian St, Ste 101
Indianapolis IN 46260

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Aug 26, 2016, 7:38:20 PM8/26/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
Yes please.

--
In Liberty,
Caryn Ann Harlos

--
In Liberty,
Caryn Ann Harlos
Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann. Har...@LP.org
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Aug 26, 2016, 7:44:41 PM8/26/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org

Because this list is public, and because the committee had previously decided to keep strategic items from being discussed publicly, I will simply point to https://www.lp.org/2016-presidential-ballot-access-map and note that the petition for Virginia was turned in today, meeting the deadline.

---

Ken C. Moellman, Jr.
LNC Region 3 Alternate Representative
LPKY Judicial Committee

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Aug 26, 2016, 8:30:13 PM8/26/16
to ken.mo...@lpky.org, lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
Ain't transparency grand.

Daniel Hayes
LNC At Large Member

Sent from my iPhone

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Aug 26, 2016, 8:33:03 PM8/26/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
Yes, because of all the smoke filled backroom deals the LNC swings to keep all our
power.

Sam

Sam Goldstein
Libertarian National Committee
Member at Large
8925 N Meridian St, Ste 101
Indianapolis IN 46260

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Aug 26, 2016, 8:33:19 PM8/26/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
It's a big secret how we are obtaining ballot access?  Seriously?

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Aug 26, 2016, 8:35:50 PM8/26/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
With all due respect to the hard-working Committe- this seems over the top and what our members have consistently says they DON'T want.

I ask then that the LNC be updated privately and ask the Chair to decide if it falls under executive privilege.

On Friday, August 26, 2016, Sam Goldstein <goldstei...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, because of all the smoke filled backroom deals the LNC swings to keep all our
power.

Sam
Sam Goldstein
Libertarian National Committee
Member at Large
8925 N Meridian St, Ste 101
Indianapolis IN 46260

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Aug 26, 2016, 11:17:56 PM8/26/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
I'm not on the committee, but we have 46 states + D.C. and anticipate
that we will make all 50. There are no emergencies or anticipated
problems at present.

-Nick

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 3:47 PM, Sam Goldstein
<goldstei...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can Mr. Repath or someone else on the ballot access committe please give us
> an update on how many states are secured, which ones are still in play and
> if we anticiapte any problems in those states?
>
> Thanks and
>
> Live Free,
>

> Sam Goldstein
> Libertarian National Committee
> Member at Large
> 8925 N Meridian St, Ste 101
> Indianapolis IN 46260
> 317-850-0726 Phone
> 317-582-1773 Fax

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Aug 26, 2016, 11:23:50 PM8/26/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
Thank you Nick.

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Aug 27, 2016, 5:18:18 AM8/27/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org, david.d...@firstdata.com

Yesterday was the last day for Iowa to challenge. No news is good news!

Time to focus on electoral votes for Johnson? Where can our overflowing energy and excitement be best utilized to achieve the electoral vote goal?

Thoughts?

Celebrate Life, Set the Bar High and LIVE FREE!

The Invisible Hand of Self-Interest is Mightier Than the Sword of Government!

~David Pratt Demarest

http://www.lpne.org

secr...@lpne.org

dpdem...@centurylink.net

david.d...@firstdata.com

Cell: 402-981-6469

Home: 402-493-0873

Office: 402-222-7207

Untitled attachment 01691.txt

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Aug 27, 2016, 9:30:41 AM8/27/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
Virginia was just certified for the ballot yesterday. RI & KY are the only states ongoing. They both have Friday, September 9 deadlines. I anticipate 50 states + DC for the presidential ticket. Bill Redpath

On Fri, 8/26/16, Caryn Ann Harlos <carynan...@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Lnc-business] Ballot access

To: "lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org" <lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org>
Date: Friday, August 26, 2016, 11:22 PM

--
In
Liberty,Caryn Ann
HarlosRegion 1

Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona, Colorado,
Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
Har...@LP.orgCommunications Director, Libertarian Party of

ColoradoColorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party
Radical Caucus

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Aug 27, 2016, 10:31:16 AM8/27/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org

David, if somebody gives you some great answers to your "where can our overflowing energy and excitement be best utilized," please share those responses with me.

In the mean time, I suggest:

5,000 business cards for $100, great for handing out before football games - people will put them in their pockets or wallets and look at later. They don't like bigger brochures but activists tell me the business cards have worked great in years past at football games. Find a few friends to help you at the games: https://lpstore.org/product/gary-johnson-business-card/

1,000 door hangers for $50. You don't have to wait for any football game or any other special event. Put them up in your neighborhood whenever it's convenient for you, and get some good walking exercise in at the same time. I put up 650 in three days in Baton Rouge in 2012. Get those door hangers here: https://lpstore.org/product/door-hanger-gary-johnson-quiz/

You don't have to knock on doors when putting up the door hangers, but if you do, that's extra credit. You'll run into some people standing in their front yards. If any seem receptive to Gary Johnson, ask them if they'd like you to install a yard sign in their front yard later that day.

Let me know how it goes. If you take a picture of yourself doing this, post it on facebook, and also post the quantities of items you got out in how much time, you'll probably inspire others to do some similar work.

Good luck.

Wes Benedict, Executive Director
Libertarian National Committee, Inc.
1444 Duke St., Alexandria, VA 22314
(202) 333-0008 ext. 232, wes.be...@lp.org
facebook.com/libertarians @LPNational
Join the Libertarian Party at: http://lp.org/membership

<goldstei...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can Mr. Repath or someone else on the ballot access committe please give us
> an update on how many states are secured, which ones are still in play and
> if we anticiapte any problems in those states?
>
> Thanks and
>
> Live Free,
>

> Sam Goldstein
> Libertarian National Committee
> Member at Large
> 8925 N Meridian St, Ste 101
> Indianapolis IN 46260
> 317-850-0726 Phone
> 317-582-1773 Fax

In Liberty,

Caryn Ann Harlos

Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann. Har...@LP.org

Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado

Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Aug 27, 2016, 12:35:31 PM8/27/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org, david.d...@firstdata.com, Michael Pickens, Mike Shannon, Laura Ebke

Wes – thanks for the great ideas. I have the business cards and door hangers with more on order plus I just received a partial shipment yesterday on my second larger order of yard signs delivered in just four days (GOOD JOB!) We have ongoing canvasing campaigns in Nebraska. However, per Mike Shannon’s suggestion, I was thinking in broader terms of targeting potential electoral votes in states like Utah, Montana and District 2 in Nebraska (Omaha) due to the electoral split legislation unique to Maine and Nebraska. I was prepared to help Mike Shannon’s September ‘Win the West’ Utah blitz but we had to back off on that at least temporarily due to the LP campaign toe stub in Utah.

Until I hear other suggestions, we will focus our LPNE efforts on District 2 in Nebraska with the help of Laura Ebke and give Dave Hunt a hand in his Washington County supervisor campaign just north of Omaha. Our current schedule calls for two canvasing events every weekend in Omaha plus helping Dave Hunt but we are open to suggestions and volunteer external reinforcements, logistics and strategy assistance.

It might be a little late in the game, but what about college football schedules targeted at large university cities or nearby events with Johnson/Weld on the backside. Jeremy Jensen (Cutthroat Printing in Omaha), Laura Ebke’s campaign manager, printed up 5000 Husker football schedules with Laura on the backside. We handed out over 1000 during the Wilber Czech Days parade as part of our “Walk for Laura Ebke” with a banner and Laura leading the way in a place of honor right behind the Governor’s entourage at the head of the parade. Those football schedules were a real hit and an easy handout.

How soon do we need to increase the budget for campaign materials? The Johnson yard signs are going like hotcakes! Increasing the budget should not be too hard given that the campaign material costs will generate revenue approaching the cost of the materials.

Personal Responsibility and Social Acceptance

Don’t Hurt People and Don’t Take their Stuff

Celebrate Life, Set the Bar High and LIVE FREE

~David Pratt Demarest

Secretary, Nebraska Libertarian State Central Committee

Region 6 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (IA, IL, MN, MO, ND, NE, WI)

Nebraska State Coordinator, LP Radical Caucus

Secr...@LPNE.org

David.D...@LP.org

DPDem...@centurylink.net

David.D...@firstdata.com