[Lnc-votes] [Lnc-business] Motion to suspend for cause

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Jan 20, 2018, 1:01:10 AM1/20/18
to Libertarian National Committee list
If the censure email ballot means we're not going to have an electronic
meeting, then I want us to still be able to consider both censure and
suspension.

Since the Platform references in my previous draft were not agreeable to
all the potential supporters of a motion for suspension, I'll ask for
co-sponsors for the following instead.

-Alicia

Whereas, Bylaw Article 6.7 states that the National Committee may, for
cause, suspend any officer by a vote of 2/3 of the entire National
Committee;

Whereas, Vice Chair Arvin Vohra’s public discourse has repeatedly included
inflammatory and insulting remarks which bring the Party, its candidates,
and its principles into disrepute;

Whereas Mr. Vohra’s remarks have destructively stereotyped party members
and large segments of the population, a behavior completely at odds with
our Party’s philosophy of recognizing and treating people as individuals;

Whereas, Mr. Vohra’s stated intent is to cause internal division, and his
comments have caused wide-spread offense; and

Whereas, the result is that the LNC, its committees, and Party affiliates
are distracted from productive activities;

Therefore, be it resolved, that the Libertarian National Committee suspends
Arvin Vohra for cause from his position as LNC Vice Chair; and

Furthermore, we disavow and repudiate Mr. Vohra’s comments as being
unrepresentative of the Libertarian National Committee.