Re: [Lnc-votes] [Lnc-business] Contingency Plan?

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Aug 24, 2016, 4:05:05 PM8/24/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
How about camping in a national park?

Sam Goldstein
Libertarian National Committee
Member at Large
8925 N Meridian St, Ste 101
Indianapolis IN 46260

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 3:49 PM, Brett Bittner <brett....@lp.org> wrote:

Fellow LNC Members (and masochists who read this stuff):

With the recent flooding in Louisiana, a member in my region inquired as to our contingency plan, should the NOLA Hyatt no longer be a viable option in June/July 2018 for our convention, which is two hurricane seasons away.

I did chat with Daniel Hayes earlier today about the Hyatt's current condition, and it is fine, according to the nearly live pictures he shared.

Do we have anything in mind or lined up JUST IN CASE?

Thanks,

Brett C. Bittner

Region 3 Representative
Libertarian National Committee

**This message sent from my phone. Please excuse any typos.

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Aug 24, 2016, 4:43:08 PM8/24/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
If the Cajun Navy is on-call, we should be fine.

Steven M. Nielson
Region 1 Alternate to LP
Former Chairperson 2015-2016,
Libertarian Party of Washington State
360-662-6362

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Aug 25, 2016, 5:19:33 PM8/25/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
We can't really have a firm backup plan unless we're willing to pay an alternate location enough to offset what they would make renting the place to another group instead.

Our backup plan is called Helms Briscoe.  Since they were our agent on selecting this venue, should something like a hurricane make the place unusable, the agent will jump in to help us find an alternative ASAP.  Though it's not a frequent occurrence, it can happen, and HB has at times relocated groups our size in as little as a week.  Of course, there's some luck involved in whether alternatives are available in or near the same city.  If all of New Orleans is flooded, then flight change fees might be necessary.

Just repeat over and over, "No whammies!  No whammies!"

-Alicia