[Lnc-votes] [Lnc-business] paid poll results for Libertarian federal candidate

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Sep 16, 2016, 6:26:36 PM9/16/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
A Libertarian Party candidate for federal office commissioned a poll.

He paid $2,500 to Pulse Opinion Research for the poll of 334 Likely Voters .

Results are below.

Other Libertarian Party candidate interested in doing this kind of poll
for themselves can find out how here:

http://www.pulseopinionresearch.com/

=====results from the poll: actual candidate names removed for this
email=============

Conducted August 29 through September 1, 2016
By Pulse Opinion Research

1* Do you consider yourself a Libertarian?

12% Yes
72% No
16% Not sure

2* If the 2016 presidential election were held today, would you vote for
Republican Donald Trump, Democrat Hillary Clinton, or Libertarian Gary
Johnson?

31% Donald Trump
56% Hillary Clinton
6% Gary Johnson
7% Not sure

3* If the 2016 election for the United States Senate were held today,
would you vote for Republican FIRSTNAME LASTNAME, Libertarian FIRSTNAME
LASTNAME, or Democrat FIRSTNAME LASTNAME?

34% REPUBLICAN FIRSTNAME LASTNAME
6% LIBERTARIAN FIRSTNAME LASTNAME
42% DEMOCRAT FIRSTNAME LASTNAME
18% Not sure

4* Next, I'd like to get your overall opinion of some people in the
news. As I read each name, please let me know if you have a very
favorable, somewhat favorable, somewhat unfavorable or very unfavorable
opinion of this person. If you have never heard of them, that’s okay,
just let me know.

First, REPUBLICAN FIRSTNAME LASTNAME

19% Very favorable
33% Somewhat favorable
19% Somewhat unfavorable
10% Very unfavorable
12% You’ve never heard of him
7% Not sure

5* DEMOCRAT FIRSTNAME LASTNAME

8% Very favorable
29% Somewhat favorable
12% Somewhat unfavorable
3% Very unfavorable
33% You’ve never heard of him
14% Not sure

6* LIBERTARIAN FIRSTNAME LASTNAME

1% Very favorable
13% Somewhat favorable
14% Somewhat unfavorable
4% Very unfavorable
56% You’ve never heard of him
11% Not sure

NOTE: Margin of Sampling Error, +/- 5.5 percentage points with a 95%
level of confidence

--
Wes Benedict, Executive Director
Libertarian National Committee, Inc.

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Sep 16, 2016, 10:08:10 PM9/16/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org

Holy crap.  I run polling for a lot cheaper through my company.  The cost to the campaign is usually $0.10 - $0.15 per dial, and for $2500 I'd expect to get 1000-1250 responses. Just in case anyone is interested. Plus, I make pretty charts. Here's one I that the customer let my publish.  https://www.facebook.com/ken.moellman/photos/a.782431891805762.1073741846.523781124337508/782432788472339/

---

Ken C. Moellman, Jr.
LNC Region 3 Alternate Representative
LPKY Judicial Committee

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Sep 30, 2016, 11:17:02 AM9/30/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org

Ken, how much for you to run a similar poll for candidates asking for funds from the LNC? For 334 Likely voters responding, would it be: $2500*334/1000=$835?