[Lnc-votes] [Lnc-business] confusion on LPKY motions

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Sep 25, 2016, 4:56:45 AM9/25/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
There are three motions about two different LPKY lawsuits that have been floated for email ballots.  I got them confused, and perhaps my confusion dragged two others down with me.

Let's see if I can clear this up.

The three motions are summarized as:

A)  $500 to cover costs in ballot access lawsuit

B)  $2,000 to appeal ballot access lawsuit to SCOTUS

C)  $7,000 to cover costs in lawsuit against KET over debate criteria

Motions A and B were initially co-sponsored by Katz, Harlos, Redpath, Bittner, Hayes.

Katz indicated he was willing to move C (since Moellman as an alternate can't do it).  After I posted a minutes excerpt from Sept 2014 indicating the LNC had previously approved $6,500 of the $7,000 being requested in motion C, Katz withdrew from C.

After Katz withdrew sponsorship of C, both Bittner and Harlos said they would withdraw also...but they had only co-sponsored A and B, not C, so the only thing they could withdraw from was A and B.

If Bittner and Harlos are withdrawing from A and B, then those motions only have 3 co-sponsors and would need a 4th to become an email ballot.

If, however, they also got the subjects crossed, perhaps they would like to re-affirm their co-sponsorship of A and B?

Sorry for starting the confusion...  Have I got it right now?

-Alicia

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Sep 25, 2016, 2:09:07 PM9/25/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
Ahh I was confused.

I re-affirm my co-sponsorship of A and B.

.

--
In Liberty,
Caryn Ann Harlos

In Liberty,
Caryn Ann Harlos
Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann. Har...@LP.org
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Sep 25, 2016, 2:53:35 PM9/25/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
Caryn's re-co-sponsorship is sufficient to get the count to 4 on LPKY motions A and B.  Email ballot coming shortly.

-Alicia