[Lnc-votes] [Lnc-business] September Electronic Meeting

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Jul 21, 2016, 5:14:36 PM7/21/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
As our Policy Manual allows for electronic full LNC meetings, and we did not get to the Goals discussion along with several other motions that are being floated around, I am putting out feelers to see if there would be any support in general for a motion to entertain a September electronic meeting.

--
In Liberty,
Caryn Ann Harlos

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Jul 21, 2016, 5:19:59 PM7/21/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
I would be very likely to join in a call for such a meeting, particularly if the topics include the election and if the time and agenda indicate that we'll have a focused discussion on goals.

Joshua A. Katz
Westbrook CT Planning Commission (L in R seat)

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Jul 21, 2016, 5:20:39 PM7/21/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
I would support a motion to have an electronic meeting in September.

Love & Liberty,
                                   ((( starchild )))
At-Large Representative, Libertarian National Committee
                        RealR...@earthlink.net
                                  (415) 625-FREE

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Jul 21, 2016, 5:29:59 PM7/21/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
I think the best move is for those who agree to come up with a date, time, and agenda.  1/3 of the members, or the chair, need to sign on to that.  It needs at least 7 days notice.  It doesn't require a vote persay, but a majority of the LNC can veto/cancel.

I'm not in a position right now to say when I'd be available in September, and I'm guessing others are the same, so I'd suggest holding off on the details.

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 5:22 PM, Caryn Ann Harlos <carynan...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Jul 21, 2016, 5:36:11 PM7/21/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
While date might be a bit premature, we could start putting an agenda together to see if we can get 1/3 to agree.  Obviously goals needs to be on this agenda.  I have a few other things I would like to see, but if we could start hashing that out, it would just be a matter of agreeing on a time later and requesting.

The other things I would like to see discussed are several policy manual changes (but I would not hold any meeting hostage to agreeing on that--- we need to discuss goals).  The Policy Manual items concern a Candidate Support Committee that Nick had suggested might be something members wish to propose and another would be general transparency rules for committees.  Starchild is great at getting personal commitments for transparency from Committee Chairs but I think we need a general policy unless specifically excepted (such as the APRC).

But most importantly.  Goals.

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Whitney Bilyeu <whitn...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Jul 21, 2016, 9:01:38 PM7/21/16
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org

I would be glad to be a co-sponsor.

Thoughts?

Political Leadership is for Today – Intellectual Leadership is for the Ages!

~David Pratt Demarest

http://www.lpne.org

secr...@lpne.org

dpdem...@centurylink.net

david.d...@firstdata.com

Cell: 402-981-6469

Home: 402-493-0873

Okay I am encouraged enough to look more closely at the Policy Manual to see how this would have to be done/moved.  If someone more experienced would like to take the lead, I would be a co-sponsor.

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Starchild <sfdr...@earthlink.net> wrote:

I would support a motion to have an electronic meeting in September.

Love & Liberty,

                                   ((( starchild )))

At-Large Representative, Libertarian National Committee

                        RealR...@earthlink.net

                                  (415) 625-FREE

On Jul 21, 2016, at 2:13 PM, lnc-...@hq.lp.org wrote:

Untitled attachment 00138.txt