[Lnc-votes] [Lnc-business] Formal request for contract update(s)

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Aug 23, 2016, 8:26:44 AM8/23/16
to Joseph Buchman, lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
Joe, thank you so much for writing.  You know I take the questions and concerns of my Region very seriously, and I am copying this email to the LNC business list to ask that a response be given.  The similar concerns of the Colorado affiliate are very well known via a statement by the LPCO Chair on the State Chair's list.

This is a failure in our system.. be it a blame on the LNC, elsewhere, combination, or simply unavoidable this needs to be openly dealt with.  I know that other than "none signed yet" we are in the dark.

If information cannot be public, I ask that the LNC be updated in Executive Session if need be on what precisely is going on.  I know I feel inadequately informed, and that is not serving my representative capacity for my Region to be so.

I believe Joe is right to call us out on our fiduciary responsibility to the best interests of the Party which will be here after November while the candidates (unless they win the election--and Trump and Clinton seem very determined to assist us in that endeavor) will not.

One correction Joe, the authorization granted to the Chair for negotiations was in May.  I believe he has strived zealously with the assistance of counsel to get this done.  But it is nearly three months now and not the quick, decisive resolution that was certainly in my mind when I voted so.  We either admit defeat now and hold ourselves accountable to the membership as to why this wasn't done or take another tactic.  But this slow descent of this issue into oblivion will not do.

--
In Liberty,
Caryn Ann Harlos

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 9:40 PM, Joseph Buchman <drbu...@gmail.com> wrote:
The past LNC meeting, if memory serves, responded to an apparent (mis)characterization of the contract negotiations with Ron Nielson/the campaign as being near an end and a contract as "imminent" -- on that basis Nick was, if I remember, authorized to finalize the deal (with an expectation that would occur within a day or two).

As that has not happened my requests are:

1) For the full LNC to reengage/remove the authorization for Nick to finalize.

2) For an update of what happened/why the delay.

3) If possible, for the campaign to disclose the boilerplate of its contracts with key staff.  Specifically any non-disparagement clauses.

4) If such clauses exist, I would call on the LNC (just as I would call on the US Congress) to open whistle blower hearings (in Executive Session if necessary) for key staff, and in return for such testimony to the LNC offer legal counsel for their defense against Ron Nielson/The Campaign for any actions against them for having told the truth.

Bottom line, I call on the LNC to be an exemplar in these matters of how we expect/demand our government act in similar situations.  Transparency, accountability, truth and an honoring of private contracts only to the point that are not used to cover crimes, waste, fraud, etc.  The LNC deserves to know how this campaign was managed (mismanaged) to better prepare the party for 2018 and 2020.

That is your alls prime fiduciary responsibility, IMO.

So, again . . .

Why no contract?  Hasn't the authorization the committee gave to the Chair now, clearly, expired?  What was the nature of the misrepresentation (optimism) of the July LNC meeting? Is the campaign actively preventing those with knowledge of fraud, mismanagement, misreported expenses/revenues from whistle blowing?  Can the LNC act to hear those claims/protect those folks from such immoral (and likely unenforceable) clauses?

Feel free to reword the above as you see best for a formal motion to the LNC.

Hope the above is helpful to you, and ultimately to the cause of advancing liberty/ending tyranny (even right here in River City!)

Joe
Joseph G. Buchman, PhD
584 Hillside Circle
Alpine UT 84004