lmctfy init error

Nipun Sehrawat

Aug 6, 2014, 7:01:22 PM8/6/14
to lmc...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I built the latest release of lmctfy (0.5) and tried creating a cgroup hierarchy using the following config:
cgroup_mount:{
  mount_path:'/sys/fs/cgroup/freezer'
  hierarchy:CGROUP_FREEZER
}
cgroup_mount:{
  mount_path:'/sys/fs/cgroup/cpu'
  hierarchy:CGROUP_CPU
  hierarchy:CGROUP_CPUACCT
}
cgroup_mount:{
  mount_path:'/sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset'
  hierarchy:CGROUP_CPUSET
}
cgroup_mount:{
  mount_path:'/sys/fs/cgroup/memory'
  hierarchy:CGROUP_MEMORY
}

The command I run to initialize cgroups is (the machine doesn't have any cgroups mounted already):
sudo ./lmctfy init -c ../../../cgroup_config/config.ascii

It fails with the following message:
Command exited with error message: 5: lmctfy requires a canonical tasks cgroup hierarchy, none were found
try using --stderrthreshold to get more info

Reading through the source code of lmctfy_impl.cc, it seems that freezer cgroup is expected to be mounted as the canonical cgroup task tracking hierarchy. Could someone point out if I am missing some steps?

Thanks,
Nipun

Nipun Sehrawat

Aug 6, 2014, 7:22:13 PM8/6/14
to lmc...@googlegroups.com
Please note that this problem was not present in lmctfy 0.3.1 release.