External Authenticator: SAML Token Error

h409

Mar 17, 2010, 9:14:59 AM3/17/10
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Hi all,

I have written an external authenticator for LiveCycle 8.2 which works
like a charm.
Now I try to upgrade to 9.0 and get a warning about a null value. I
also cannot set
any values with the help of setAuthProviderSpecificTokens(tokens). I
guess that
I have to set a specific value, that is not documented.

Any help is very welcome.
Thanks, Heike

--
So here is the message and stack trace:

09:44:22,320 WARN [IDPLoggedException] UserM:GENERIC_WARNING: [Thread
Hashcode: 7433510]
com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPLoggedException|
[com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.authentication.AuthenticationManagerBean]
errorCode:12803 errorCodeHEX:0x3203 message:Exception while creating
SAMLToken chainedException:\
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: value cannot be
nullchainedExceptionMessage:value cannot be null chainedException
trace:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: value cannot be null
at org.opensaml.SAMLAttribute.addValue(Unknown Source)
at
com.adobe.idp.um.util.SAMLHelper.addAuthenticationProviderSpecificTokensToAssertion(SAMLHelper.java:
188)
at
com.adobe.idp.um.util.SAMLHelper.generateSAMLAuthenAssertion(SAMLHelper.java:
122)
at
com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.authentication.AuthenticationManagerBean.createSAMLToken(AuthenticationManagerBean.java:
1026)
at
com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.authentication.AuthenticationManagerBean.createAuthInfo(AuthenticationManagerBean.java:
540)
at
com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.authentication.AuthenticationManagerBean.authenticateWithProvider(AuthenticationManagerBean.java:
505)
at
com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.authentication.AuthenticationManagerBean.authenticateUsingProviders(AuthenticationManagerBean.java:
450)
at
com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.authentication.AuthenticationManagerBean.authenticateInAllDomains(AuthenticationManagerBean.java:
365)
at
com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.authentication.AuthenticationManagerBean.authenticate(AuthenticationManagerBean.java:
404)
at
com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.authentication.AuthenticationManagerBean.authenticate(AuthenticationManagerBean.java:
273)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor418.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at
25)
at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:
359)
at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer
$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:237)
at
org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:
158)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:
169)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:
63)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:
121)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:
404)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:
181)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:
168)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:205)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:
138)
at
org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:
648)
at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:960)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:
430)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:
103)
at $Proxy233.authenticate(Unknown Source)
at
com.adobe.idp.um.api.impl.AuthenticationManagerImpl.authenticate(AuthenticationManagerImpl.java:
329)
at
com.adobe.idp.um.api.impl.AuthenticationManagerImpl.authenticate(AuthenticationManagerImpl.java:
96)
at
com.adobe.idp.um.api.impl.AuthenticationManagerImpl.authenticate(AuthenticationManagerImpl.java:
101)
at
com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageReceiver.authenticate(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:
144)
at
com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageReceiver.invoke(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:
321)
at
com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.ejb.receiver.EjbReceiverBean.invoke(EjbReceiverBean.java:
158)
at
39)
[...]
378)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:
181)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:
168)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:205)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:
138)
at
org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:
648)
at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:960)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor426.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at
25)
at
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:
155)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
at
org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:
264)
at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
at
org.jboss.invocation.unified.server.UnifiedInvoker.invoke(UnifiedInvoker.java:
231)
at
39)
at
25)
at
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:
155)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
at
org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:
264)
at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
at
javax.management.MBeanServerInvocationHandler.invoke(MBeanServerInvocationHandler.java:
288)
at $Proxy16.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.invoke(ServerInvoker.java:
734)
at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:
560)
at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:
383)
at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:
165)

Duane Nickull

Mar 17, 2010, 12:02:55 PM3/17/10
to live...@googlegroups.com
JDK? ES2 uses 1.6, 8.2 uses 1.5. If so, have you examined the
specific class with the new JDK to seek out warnings in any jars
deployed?

********
22nd Century (my band) - http://22ndcenturyofficial.com/
Twitter - @duanechaos
Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com
********

> [...]

> .management
> .MBeanServerInvocationHandler

> .invoke(MBeanServerInvocationHandler.java:
> 288)
> at $Proxy16.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.invoke(ServerInvoker.java:
> 734)
> at
> org
> .jboss
> .remoting
> .transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:
> 560)
> at
> org
> .jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:
> 383)
> at
> org
> .jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:

chetan_oct

Mar 17, 2010, 1:32:56 PM3/17/10
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Can you post the code snippet which is setting the value using

On Mar 17, 9:02 pm, Duane Nickull <duane.nick...@gmail.com> wrote:
>   JDK?  ES2 uses 1.6, 8.2 uses 1.5.  If so, have you examined the
> specific class with the new JDK to seek out warnings in any jars
> deployed?

> ********

> 22nd Century (my band) -http://22ndcenturyofficial.com/
> Twitter - @duanechaos
> Blog -http://technoracle.blogspot.com

h409

Mar 18, 2010, 6:16:37 AM3/18/10
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Hi Duane,

thanks for your help - asking the right questions ;-)
It's like - so often - a programming fault. It's just like the error
message says: a value is null.
9.0 is more strict about name value pairs. The value may not be null.
And that's it ;-)

Thanks again. Talking helps.

Heike

p.s. nice talk on munich emea
p.p.s I'll come back with questions about SSO - I am sure ...