Servlet Causing Error

Aditya Shah

Apr 25, 2011, 2:45:01 PM4/25/11
to live...@googlegroups.com
I am getting a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/adobe/idp/dsc/clientsdk/ServiceClientFactoryProperties error for a servlet created to invoke a long lived process.

Can someone help. I have downloaded the adobe-jobmanager-client-sdk.jar in eclipse for this project.

Aditya

amit pugalia

Apr 25, 2011, 2:49:03 PM4/25/11
to live...@googlegroups.com

Hi Aditya,

You need adobe-livecycle-client.jar for any work related to ServiceClientFactory.

Thanks,
Amit Pugalia

Abdelzaher, Sherif@CDCR

Apr 25, 2011, 4:02:26 PM4/25/11
to live...@googlegroups.com

Try this document in the link below, it tells you how to invoke a long lived process.

http://highway101.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/ws2.pdf

Aditya Shah

Apr 25, 2011, 4:18:14 PM4/25/11
to live...@googlegroups.com
I have the following files imported to the java build path...

● adobe-livecycle-client.jar
● adobe-usermanager-client.jar
● adobe-jobmanager-client-sdk.jar
● adobe-utilities.jar
● jbossall-client.jar

Eclipse still italicizes the DSC connection properties and createInstance. When I hover over the later, I get...
ServiceClientFactory com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClientFactory.createInstance(Properties arg0) throws DSCRuntimeException

Note: This element neither has attached source nor attached Javadoc and hence no Javadoc could be found.

Aditya

Duane Nickull

Apr 25, 2011, 2:58:51 PM4/25/11
to live...@googlegroups.com
Check the documentation in the comments of the SDK quick start examples.  Scott MacDonald was pretty accurate in explaining exactly which jars are required.

Duane NIckull

********
22nd Century (my band) - http://22ndcenturyofficial.com/
Twitter - @duanechaos
********

Aditya Shah

Apr 26, 2011, 11:22:44 AM4/26/11
to live...@googlegroups.com
After downloading the required jar files, the code (in Eclipse) still doesn't recognize them. Anything I am missing?

Has any one created a servlet packaging LiveCycle jar files externally?

Aditya

Duane Nickull

Apr 26, 2011, 12:16:55 PM4/26/11
to live...@googlegroups.com
Yes.  It should not be hard.  Can you send your source code?

********
22nd Century (my band) - http://22ndcenturyofficial.com/
Twitter - @duanechaos
********

fred.pantalone

Apr 27, 2011, 9:59:18 AM4/27/11
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Are you having compile-time errors or run-time errors?

Make sure that the jar files that you added to your build path
actually contain the missing class (i.e. com/adobe/idp/dsc/clientsdk/
ServiceClientFactoryProperties). Use 7-zip to open up the Adobe jar
file(s) and browse through the package folders and confirm that the
class file in question is present. If the class file isn't there then
you've got the wrong jar file.

Fred

On Apr 26, 11:22 am, Aditya Shah <adi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After downloading the required jar files, the code (in Eclipse) still
> doesn't recognize them. Anything I am missing?
>
> Has any one created a servlet packaging LiveCycle jar files externally?
>
> Aditya
>
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 2:58 PM, Duane Nickull <duane.nick...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Check the documentation in the comments of the SDK quick start examples.
> >  Scott MacDonald was pretty accurate in explaining exactly which jars are
> > required.
>
> > Duane NIckull
>
> > ********
> > 22nd Century (my band) -http://22ndcenturyofficial.com/
> > My TV show -http://tv.adobe.com/show/duanes-world/
> > Twitter - @duanechaos
> > Blog -http://technoracle.blogspot.com

Aditya Shah

Apr 27, 2011, 10:08:56 AM4/27/11
to live...@googlegroups.com
The classes are available in the adobe-livecycle-client.jar package. I could expand the package within eclipse and verify the classes.

Duane - The code is pasted below. It's a simple snippet from the quick start walk through. I want to test the invocation functionality.

import java.io.*;

import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;

import com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClientFactory;
import com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient;
import com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClientFactoryProperties;
import com.adobe.idp.dsc.InvocationRequest;
import com.adobe.idp.dsc.InvocationResponse;

import com.adobe.idp.Document;
import java.util.Properties;
import java.util.Map;
import java.util.HashMap;

public class IntegrityIssueSubmission extends HttpServlet{
public void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException
{

try
{

//Create a PDF object
//Set connection properties required to invoke LiveCycle ES Properties
Properties connectionProps = new Properties();
    connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_DEFAULT_EJB_ENDPOINT,
         "jnp://vm-adobe02.gs-inc.com:1099");
    connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL,
         ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_EJB_PROTOCOL);
    connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_SERVER_TYPE,
         "JBoss");
    connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_CREDENTIAL_USERNAME,
         "administrator");
    connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_CREDENTIAL_PASSWORD,
         "admin@adobedev");

//Create a ServiceClientFactory object
ServiceClientFactory myFactory = ServiceClientFactory.createInstance(connectionProps);

//Create a ServiceClient object
ServiceClient myServiceClient = myFactory.getServiceClient();

//Create a Map object to store the parameter value
Map params = new HashMap();

//Populate the Map object with a parameter value
//required to invoke the GetMortgageForm process
//params.put("integrity_concern_doc", integrity_concern_doc);

//Create an InvocationRequest object
InvocationRequest esRequest =
myFactory.createInvocationRequest(
"WSDL", //Specify the LiveCycle ES process name
   "invoke",          //Specify the operation name
   params,                    //Specify input values
   false);                     //Create a synchronous request

//Send the invocation request to the process and
//get back an invocation response object

InvocationResponse esResponse = myServiceClient.invoke(esRequest);
String invocationId = esResponse.getInvocationId();

}
// dispose all the resources after using them.
catch (Exception e)
{
System.out.println("Exception:"+e.getMessage());
}
}
public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException
{
doGet(request, response);
}
}

Duane Nickull

Apr 27, 2011, 1:23:02 PM4/27/11
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Fixed.  Ensure you have the appropriate jars and the version matches the same LC ES instance.  This has no missing jars

package com.duanesworldtv.utils;

//java imports
import java.io.*;

import java.util.Properties;
import java.util.Map;
import java.util.HashMap;

// You have to import the javax.servlet separately
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet;

//LC SDK imports
import com.adobe.idp.dsc.InvocationRequest;
import com.adobe.idp.dsc.InvocationResponse;
import com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClientFactoryProperties;
import com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient;
import com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClientFactory;

public class Solution extends HttpServlet{
public void doGet (HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException
{
    try
    {
        //Set connection properties required to invoke LiveCycle ES2

        Properties connectionProps = new Properties();
        connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_DEFAULT_EJB_ENDPOINT, "jnp://localhost:1099");
        connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL,ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_EJB_PROTOCOL);

        connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_SERVER_TYPE, "JBoss");
        connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_CREDENTIAL_USERNAME, "administrator");
        connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_CREDENTIAL_PASSWORD, "password");

        // Create a ServiceClientFactory instance

        ServiceClientFactory myFactory = ServiceClientFactory.createInstance(connectionProps);

        //Create a ServiceClient object
        ServiceClient myServiceClient = myFactory.getServiceClient();

        //Create a Map object to store the parameter value
        Map<String, String> params = new HashMap<String, String>();

        InvocationRequest esRequest = myFactory.createInvocationRequest("WSDL", "invoke", params, false);

        InvocationResponse esResponse = myServiceClient.invoke(esRequest);
        String invocationId = esResponse.getInvocationId();
        System.out.println("InvocationId: " + invocationId);

    }catch (Exception e) {
            System.out.println("Exception:"+e.getMessage());
            e.printStackTrace();

        }
    }
}

On 4/27/11 7:08 AM, "Aditya Shah" <adi...@gmail.com> wrote:

The classes are available in the adobe-livecycle-client.jar package. I could expand the package within eclipse and verify the classes.

Duane - The code is pasted below. It's a simple snippet from the quick start walk through. I want to test the invocation functionality.

import java.io.*;

import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;

import com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClientFactory;
import com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient;
import com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClientFactoryProperties;
import com.adobe.idp.dsc.InvocationRequest;
import com.adobe.idp.dsc.InvocationResponse;

import com.adobe.idp.Document;
import java.util.Properties;
import java.util.Map;
import java.util.HashMap;

public class IntegrityIssueSubmission extends HttpServlet{
public void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException
{

try
{

//Create a PDF object
//Set connection properties required to invoke LiveCycle ES Properties
Properties connectionProps = new Properties();
     connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_DEFAULT_EJB_ENDPOINT,

> >> For more options, visit this group at
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/livecycle?hl=en.
>
> > --

Aditya Shah

Apr 27, 2011, 1:59:55 PM4/27/11
to live...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Duane! I have added the appropriate jars to the build path but for some unknown reason the code doesn't recognize adobe-livecycle-client.jar and gives me an error (specified in one of my previous posts)

Aditya

Aditya Shah

Apr 27, 2011, 2:03:22 PM4/27/11
to live...@googlegroups.com
And, when I try to call the servlet this is what I get...

	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:221)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:145)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:210)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:433)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:955)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:139)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:433)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:955)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2460)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:133)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:119)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:594)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:594)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:433)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:955)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:127)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:433)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:955)
	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:157)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:874)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:685)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/adobe/idp/dsc/clientsdk/ServiceClientFactoryProperties
	at IntegrityIssueSubmission.doGet(IntegrityIssueSubmission.java:29)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:199)
[...]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClientFactoryProperties
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1541)
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1386)
	... 33 more

Duane Nickull

Apr 27, 2011, 2:17:41 PM4/27/11
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
You might want to manually rebuild it.  You are missing a jar somewhere.

Did you start this from an LC ES quickstart?

Duane
> >> To post to this group, send email to live...@googlegroups.com <http://live...@googlegroups.com> .

> >>http://groups.google.com/group/livecycle?hl=en.
>
> > --

Aditya Shah

Apr 27, 2011, 3:45:37 PM4/27/11
to live...@googlegroups.com
I figured it out... Don't know if this is strange but I had to add the jar files to the CLASSPATH as well.... As I am a beginner at this, can someone explain why it wouldn't work by just adding the files ONLY to the build path.

Aditya

fred.pantalone

Apr 28, 2011, 7:45:13 AM4/28/11
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
The build path is used at compile-time, hence the name. At run-time,
the classes in the jar have to be available in the classpath.

On Apr 27, 3:45 pm, Aditya Shah <adi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> >http://livecycle+unsub...@googlegroups.com>  <
> > .

> >http://livecycle+unsub...@googlegroups.com>  <
> > .

> >http://livecycle+unsub...@googlegroups.com>  <
> > .

> > --
> > .
>
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/livecycle?hl=en.
>
> > ---
> > Adobe LiveCycle Enterprise Architecture -
> >http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/
> > Adobe MAX 2011 -
> >http://technoracle.blogspot.com/2011/03/adobe-max-2011.html
> > TV Show -http://tv.adobe.com/show/duanes-world/
> > Blog –http://technoracle.blogspot.com/
> > Music –http://22ndcenturyofficial.com/
> > Twitter –http://twitter.com/duanechaos/
>
> > ---
> > Adobe LiveCycle Enterprise Architecture -

Aditya Shah

Apr 28, 2011, 8:25:50 AM4/28/11
to live...@googlegroups.com

Thank you all for helping.

Aditya

On Apr 28, 2011 7:45 AM, "fred.pantalone" <fred.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

> > org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.ja va:1386)
> >  ... 33 more
> > *

> > On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Aditya Shah <adi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Thanks Duane! I hav...

> > On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Duane Nickull <dnick...@adobe.com> wrote:
>

> > Fixed.  Ensure ...

> >         connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_TRANSPORT_PR OTOCOL,ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_EJB_PROTOCOL);

> >         connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_SERVER_TYPE,
> > "JBoss...

> > On 4/27/11 7:08 AM, "Aditya Shah" <adi...@gmail.com <

> > http://adi...@gmail.com> > wrote:
>

> > The classes are available in the adobe-livecycle-client.jar package. I

> > could expand the pack...

> >           ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_EJB_PROTOCOL);

Duane Nickull

Apr 29, 2011, 2:39:12 PM4/29/11
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
If you are using Eclipse you can auto configure it to do that.  The menu to find that is well hidden.

Duane

> >>http://groups.google.com/group/livecycle?hl=en.
>
> > --

> >http://groups.google.com/group/livecycle?hl=en.
>
> >  --

> >http://groups.google.com/group/livecycle?hl=en.

Aditya Shah

Jun 13, 2011, 5:18:33 PM6/13/11
to live...@googlegroups.com
Now I am running into another error.... I packaged the WAR with the necessary jar files and uploaded to the jboss/server/all/deploy folder. Initially, I was getting the "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError" exception. So I added the same jar files to the jboss/server/all/lib folder...

Now when I start the server, I get the following error.

"Class com/adobe/idp/Document violates loader constraints"

And, I don't get that error when I remove the "adobe-livecycle-client.jar".

Aditya

fred.pantalone

Jun 14, 2011, 10:35:52 AM6/14/11
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
You should be putting the jars that your servlet needs right in the
WAR. In eclipse, make sure you have "web-inf/lib" and put them in
there. Reference jars that you put there in the build path, too.

Fred

Aditya Shah

Jun 14, 2011, 11:12:43 AM6/14/11
to live...@googlegroups.com