Running little proxy from Remote machine

Shyam Shankar

Jul 10, 2014, 11:08:22 AM7/10/14
to littl...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I'm trying to run Little proxy from a remote machine. What I'd like to achieve is to route all my requests through the little proxy running in the remote machine and then receive my response from it. So here is my little proxy code which I've turned into an executable jar and running it from the remote machine.
So I'm not able to connect to the port in the remote machine at which little proxy is running. So after 'netstat' from the remote machine, I can see my application is running at localhost at the specified port. Here is the output:

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name

tcp        0           0       0.0.0.0:111             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN                     -

tcp6       0          0        127.0.0.1:4444          :::*                    LISTEN                    2302/java

But since it is running is 127.0.0.1:4444, how can I make it accept all connections from all external IPs. Is there a config in the little proxy code which can be used to open the application for external IP requests? I'd be very grateful if someone could give me some pointers in this regard.

Thanks
Syam

Shyam Shankar

Jul 11, 2014, 3:09:39 AM7/11/14
to littl...@googlegroups.com
Actually I searched online for related features and I could see that the fiddler proxy has this option for allowing remote computers to connect. I need to know how to enable this feature in Little proxy.

Thanks,
Syam

Shyam Shankar

Jul 11, 2014, 5:35:42 AM7/11/14
to littl...@googlegroups.com
I'm glad to report that I was able to solve the problem :) There is a parameter which needs to be set false (default is true) for allowing remote connections.

   DefaultHttpProxyServer.bootstrap().withAllowLocalOnly(false)

Alexander Johnson

Jan 31, 2015, 1:50:43 AM1/31/15
to littl...@googlegroups.com
NOTE:  This is required in order to get Selenium Grid nodes to redirect traffic through a remote proxy on the machine which is running the tests.  In other words:  Selenium grid commands go from the test machine to the node, and HTTP traffic goes from the node back to LittleProxy on the test machine before being forwarded to the intended destination.  This allows HTTP traffic to be recorded or manipulated for testing purposes on the test machine using LittleProxy while the actual browsers are run (one per thread) on remote servers.  Without this LocalOnly flag LittleProxy was blocking all of the traffic from the grid Nodes by default.

I'm glad I ran across your post!