Problem Setting up project in Intelij

Fotis P

Mar 6, 2015, 10:13:40 AM3/6/15
to littl...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I had the following problem, which I managed to resolve, however I would like some comments if it is possible.

I wanted to implement a basic proxy server with some filters. I created a new project in InteliJ and added LittleProxy and netty as Maven dependencies.

But for some reason, inteliJ was complaining that the methods clientToProxyRequest() etc, were not overriding a method of the superclass. The project would not compile. (I had Javac 6 set as compiler).

In fact, if I looked at the declaration of the imported file and HttpFilters contained some methods called requestPre and requestPost, instead of the clientToProxy(), proxyToServer() etc...

What I did to solve it, is remove the maven dependency in pom, and add the entire project as source module for my project.

What I do not understand is, is this normal? Is it how it is supposed to be, or something did not go well with the way I added the maven dependency?

Thank you very much for your time!

Fotis