Using ChainedProxy for HTTPS traffic

Madan Venu Gopal Venkatesan

Apr 29, 2015, 7:59:50 AM4/29/15
to littl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a usecase where the browser requests need to be forwarded to a web proxy (located in different countries), and the framework should be able to collect all the requests and responses.

LittleProxy with ChainedProxy mode fits this use perfectly! However, the framework is unable to sniff the traffic for HTTPS requests. To be precise, while the requestPre/Post filters are invoked, the responsePre/Post are not. I believe MITM has to be enabled for this functionality to work.

Now, ChainedProxy and MITM modes are mutually exclusive features. Hence, I would like to know if there are any suggestions/workarounds for this problem.

Thanks,
Mathan