API-documentation

phil

Jul 27, 2015, 12:19:22 AM7/27/15
to LittleProxy
Hi everyone,

I'm searching for an open-source Java based http/https proxy to use it as part of an academic project.

I found LittleProxy on github, and I'm trying to use it but I'm having some trouble because:
  • API-documentation link doesn't work
  • when I try to override methods like this @Override public HttpResponse clientToProxyRequest(HttpObject httpObject) into HttpFiltersAdapter it doesn't work

Frank Ganske

Jul 27, 2015, 12:36:23 PM7/27/15
to littl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,

yes, the link is dead and will be removed. Please, have a look into the
source code for API documentation and the README.md in this branch
https://github.com/ganskef/LittleProxy/tree/update_readme

What do you need in your academic project? LittleProxy could be a good
choice. It uses modern nonblocking IO, since it's based on Netty. But,
event driven means it's definitely not easy as a simple socket connection.

Override won't work? Keep it simple and start with HTTP. Ok? HTTPS is
tunneled by default, which bypasses filtering at all.

LittleProxy provides HTTPS filtering with self signed certificates, if
you use a MitmManager. To use HTTPS interception with a Certificate
Authority, which create certificates on the fly, you have to use
https://github.com/ganskef/LittleProxy-mitm at the moment.

Regards Frank

Am 25.07.15 um 10:33 schrieb phil:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm searching for an open-source Java based http/https proxy to use it
> as part of an academic project.
>
> I found LittleProxy on github <https://github.com/adamfisk/LittleProxy>,
> and I'm trying to use it but I'm having some trouble because:
>
> * API-documentation link doesn't work
> * when I try to override methods like this
> @OverridepublicHttpResponseclientToProxyRequest(HttpObjecthttpObject) into HttpFiltersAdapter
> it doesn't work

Zackary Whipkey

Jul 28, 2015, 9:02:54 AM7/28/15
to LittleProxy, heartbr...@gmail.com
You're going to have to provide more information then "It doesn't work". Do you have a stacktrace, or a snippet of your code?

phil

Aug 4, 2015, 11:57:44 AM8/4/15
to LittleProxy
Hi Frank,

thank you for your answers. I'm following your tips and starting with HTTP, it seems to work.

I need a transparent proxy intercepting all http traffic, not only that related to web browser.

So I think I would start Littleproxy as a daemon and configure my O.S. to send all of the traffic to it. Is it right?

Frank Ganske

Aug 4, 2015, 12:43:34 PM8/4/15
to littl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,

yes, this should work, but for a transparent proxy you have to configure
a router with iptables or pf additionally. See:

http://mitmproxy.org/doc/howmitmproxy.html -> Transparent HTTP

I've seen such stuff with Android (rooted) in SandroProxy:

https://code.google.com/p/sandrop

Of course, you could set your system wide proxy settings alternatively.

Regards Frank