Next maven release

Yotam Oron

Feb 9, 2015, 4:32:18 AM2/9/15
to littl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm using little proxy for our Selenium testing setup. Its a great tool, and we leveraged
many of its features - its a problem solver for us, period :-).

For my next iteration, I'll need to create several instances of the proxy, and will need to get the
actual bound address (I want to pass 0 as the port). I saw that the support for getting the
bound address was added recently, so my question is - when will it be released to a public maven repo?
I know I can clone the code in our repo and use it, but I really prefer doing it the right way with maven.

Thanks,
Yotam.

The above terms reflect a potential business arrangement, are provided solely as a basis for further discussion, and are not intended to be and do not constitute a legally binding obligation. No legally binding obligations will be created, implied, or inferred until an agreement in final form is executed in writing by all parties involved.

This email and any attachments hereto may be confidential or privileged.  If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it has gone to the wrong person. Thanks.

Adam Fisk

Feb 9, 2015, 2:50:44 PM2/9/15
to littl...@googlegroups.com

Good question Yotam. How stable are people feeling about master right now? I've been pulled away from LittleProxy quite a bit, but I'd be happy to push out a new release to Maven central if everyone +1s on current stability.

je...@outlook.com

Feb 18, 2015, 10:57:07 PM2/18/15
to littl...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the late reply here. In response to Adam's comments -- there are a few outstanding PRs (170, 172) that are waiting for review/merge, and it would be great to get them into the 1.1.0-beta1 release. The next version of BrowserMob Proxy will support LittleProxy, and the functionality in those PRs is key for the LittleProxy integration.

I haven't seen any major stability issues, though. Occasional bugs, but the code in master has been quite usable.

-Jason

Casey

May 21, 2015, 12:08:01 PM5/21/15
to littl...@googlegroups.com
Any update on getting out a new Maven release? It seems like there has been a flurry of activity over the past two months and master seems very stable to me.

Adam Fisk

May 22, 2015, 12:31:05 AM5/22/15
to littl...@googlegroups.com
Hey sorry I just haven't been able to get to it -- launched a new
completely different app today (http://firetweet.io/) and just haven't
been able to free myself to work on it.

I am looking for more maintainers for LittleProxy, however. Any
takers? I unfortunately don't use it anymore in my own day-to-day
work, so it's just very difficult for me to dedicate time to it.
> --

President
Brave New Software Project, Inc.
https://www.getlantern.org
pgp A998 2B6E EF1C 373E 723F A813 045D A255 901A FD89

Frank Ganske

May 24, 2015, 6:40:53 AM5/24/15
to littl...@googlegroups.com
Hello Adam,

first many thanks for your efforts with LittleProxy! I have it in my
daily use, with little modifications (PR #174) and with Netty 4.1 (which
is pronounced to be working with Android). I think, it's sad to see 9
pull requests and 59 issues unresolved. This are a lot of loose ends,
which could bring LittleProxy forward.

What's the reason for to bring a software to the public? Someone should
help with it, to make it the best solution available.

I would like to be a junior maintainer for LittleProxy. There would be
nothing of my own. You could revert every commit of course. I need some
education handling GitHub. Jason is doing a great job and I would help
him, if I can.

Regards
Frank

Adam Fisk

May 26, 2015, 1:03:19 PM5/26/15
to littl...@googlegroups.com, frank....@web.de
Hey Frank-

That would be great, and I agree it's sad to see so much interest in LittleProxy without anyone really effectively taking advantage of it to make it better.

Your user name is @ganskef correct?

-Adam

Frank Ganske

May 27, 2015, 8:46:41 AM5/27/15
to littl...@googlegroups.com
Hello Adam,
yes @ganskef is my account.
Frank

Adam Fisk

May 27, 2015, 12:28:27 PM5/27/15
to littl...@googlegroups.com
Great! I just gave you commit privileges. Any help you can provide would be incredibly valuable! Thanks Frank.