return 4XX error when the postfix can't connect to LDAP server.

Hiroyuki Sato

Jan 22, 2017, 11:50:52 PM1/22/17
Hello, members.

Is it possible to return 4XX value of the unknown_local_recipient_reject_code,
when the mail server can't connect to LDAP server?

I have a postfix mail server. And It stores user information in the LDAP server(Via PAM).

When the mail server disconnects to LDAP, currently the postfix server return the error code 5XX.
But I want to return the 4XX error in this situation only.

Do you have any idea?

OS: CentOS6
Postfix: 2.6.6
User: LDAP db (connect via PAM)