postfix cannot recognize office365 server

lawt...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2016, 4:48:04 AM9/12/16

I have been working on postfix smtp server and I can now send email. My question is that the company I am working in has office 365 subscription and we own domain "my.company" (with no .net, .com or so). I tried to send email to the office 365 email and it did not work. After checking the maillog, It turns out it resolve the domain "my.company" directly , that is it looks for port 25 of "my.company".

After searching that in google, it leads me to $relayhost. I wonder can I "relay" the email to [smtp.office365.com]:587 and what attributes I need to be aware of. I did not configure any relay in postfix before.

Much thanks from a linux newbie.
Tom