Need Help With Postfix After-Que Filter

rob.r....@gmail.com

May 18, 2015, 7:37:03 PM5/18/15
I am trying to make a postfix after-que content filter with a java program. I am having trouble reading the message as it comes into postfix with the java program I wrote. My java program listens on port 10025. When a new message comes into postfix, the java program successfully is "triggered/runs" and accepts the socket connection. The problem is that I cannot read an input stream to the socket. I would like to read the entirety of the e-mail message so I can filter parts of its content and make subsequent decisions before passing the filtered message back into postfix via port 10026. The java input stream simply does not have any data to read. I then terminate the java program, and I receive a "lost connection with 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] while receiving the initial server" error message via the "mailq" command. The new mail stays in my que.

Possible Problems (1 to 3):

1) I must write to the socket with an output stream. I would need to send appropriate SMTP traffic such as the example below. I tried writing a "220 smtp.server.com" Simple Mail Transfer Service Ready" command. Despite anything I send, I cannot read any data from the java socket even though a connection is made.

2) I do use TLS/SSL for my SMTP server. I may need to implement the certificates/key files into my java program. I would like to get an answer if the smtp(8) decrypts the sent traffic before sending it to the content filter? Please let me know.

3) I am missing how to "communicate" with the smtp(8) or local(8) that sends the e-mail message to my java program that listens on port 10025. Can I do with this socket programming and then can java open an input stream to read the e-mail message?

----Mail Que Error Message--------

-Queue ID- --Size-- ----Arrival Time---- -Sender/Recipient-------
0B3F76AC54D6B 1027 Thu May 14 17:52:22 r...@docremover.com
(lost connection with 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] while receiving the initial server greeting)

----End of Mail Que Error Message--------

----------postconf -Mf------------------------

postconf -Mf
postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf, line 112: overriding earlier entry: myorigin=$myhostname
smtp inet n - n - 1 postscreen
smtpd pass - - n - - smtpd
dnsblog unix - - n - 0 dnsblog
tlsproxy unix - - n - 0 tlsproxy
submission inet n - n - - smtpd
-o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
smtp unix - - n - - smtp
pickup fifo n - n 60 1 pickup
-o content_filter=
cleanup unix n - n - 0 cleanup
qmgr fifo n - n 300 1 qmgr
tlsmgr unix - - n 1000? 1 tlsmgr
rewrite unix - - n - - trivial-rewrite
bounce unix - - n - 0 bounce
defer unix - - n - 0 bounce
trace unix - - n - 0 bounce
verify unix - - n - 1 verify
sacl-cache unix - - n - 1 sacl-cache
flush unix n - n 1000? 0 flush
proxymap unix - - n - - proxymap
proxywrite unix - - n - 1 proxymap
relay unix - - n - - smtp
-o smtp_fallback_relay=
showq unix n - n - - showq
error unix - - n - - error
retry unix - - n - - error
discard unix - - n - - discard
local unix - n n - - local
virtual unix - n n - - virtual
lmtp unix - - n - - lmtp
anvil unix - - n - 1 anvil
scache unix - - n - 1 scache
dovecot unix - n n - 25 pipe flags=DRhu
user=_dovecot:mail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d ${user}
policy unix - n n - - spawn user=nobody:mail
argv=/usr/bin/perl /usr/libexec/postfix/greylist.pl

Rob Morton