Address masquerading

parall...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2016, 9:47:07 PM4/3/16
Newly installed postfix is using the server name instead of the domain name in the from field. I have both myhostname and myorgin set to the FQDN, and after ready the doc I thought I set the address masquerading correctly. Apparently not. :(

I've output my postconf -n below, any advise on where to go to next? Much thanks.

POSTCONF -N

/etc/postfix# postconf -n
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
append_dot_mydomain = no
biff = no
config_directory = /etc/postfix
default_process_limit = 100
header_size_limit = 51200
inet_interfaces = all
inet_protocols = ipv4
mailbox_size_limit = 0
masquerade_domains = mydomainname.org
message_size_limit = 10485760
mydestination = mydomainname.org, svr01.myservername.com, localhost.myservername.com, localhost
myhostname = mydomainname.org
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 [::ffff:127.0.0.0]/104 [::1]/128
myorigin = mydomainname.org
queue_minfree = 20971520
readme_directory = no
recipient_delimiter = +
relayhost =
smtpd_banner = $myhostname
smtpd_client_connection_count_limit = 10
smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit = 30
smtpd_recipient_limit = 100
smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks permit_sasl_authenticated defer_unauth_destination
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key
smtpd_use_tls = yes

d.agosti...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2016, 12:45:16 PM4/4/16
Hi

What version do you use ?

Does the problem happens for local delivery only or anytime ?

Can you reload postfix and provide postconf -p (instead of -n) ?

Regards
Victor

parall...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2016, 2:16:46 PM4/4/16
Much thanks for reply.

It happens when I mail to an external address when logged in via ssh'ed on the server. Ultimate goal is to run a mailman installation, but not provide any other mail services. When I telnet in my to port 25 the domain is also identified as mydomainname.org

Postfix version:
mail_version = 2.11.0

postconf -p is a lot of info. I can post no problem, but are there specific fields which would be more helpful than others?

Again, thanks.