dovecot not finding mail in /home/user-data/mail/mailboxes

fugee ohu

Jul 27, 2017, 9:00:54 PM7/27/17
In dovecot.conf I have
mail_location = maildir:/home/user-data/mail/mailboxes/%d/%n
and with debugging enabled the mail.log shows that mail's being delivered to

Debug: Namespace inbox: type=private, prefix=, sep=, inbox=yes, hidden=no, list=yes, subscriptions=yes location=maildir:/home/user-data/mail/mailboxes/<HostName>/<User>

Of course <HostName> and <User> aren't literals a real host and username were in their place in the log

So then why don't my messages show up in my inbox?