scan_dir_push

Cecil Westerhof

May 22, 2017, 10:45:29 PM5/22/17
When running:
postfix check
I get:
postsuper: fatal: scan_dir_push: open directory defer: Permission denied

What could be the problem?

I already tried:
postfix -c /etc/postfix set-permissions

But that did not solve the problem.

Cecil Westerhof

May 23, 2017, 5:10:14 AM5/23/17
Op dinsdag 23 mei 2017 04:45:29 UTC+2 schreef Cecil Westerhof:
Some extra information.

I went from an openSUSE system to a Debian 9 system.

I tried to copy and adapt my old config for the new system.

I tried:
postfix -vvvv start

That gives:
postfix: dict_lookup: html_directory = (notfound)
postfix: mac_parse: /usr/share/doc/postfix/html
postfix: dict_eval: const /usr/share/doc/postfix/html
postfix: dict_update: html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix/html
postsuper: fatal: scan_dir_push: open directory defer: Permission denied
postfix/postfix-script: fatal: Postfix integrity check failed!

I saw that /usr/share/doc/postfix/html did not exist, so I created it:
drwxr-xr-x 2 postfix root 4.0K May 23 10:48 html

But I still get the same error. What could be happening here?

Cecil Westerhof

May 23, 2017, 1:50:24 PM5/23/17
Op dinsdag 23 mei 2017 11:10:14 UTC+2 schreef Cecil Westerhof:
> I went from an openSUSE system to a Debian 9 system.
>
> I tried to copy and adapt my old config for the new system.

That was actually the problem. I installed postfix fresh and adapted the new config to the old one and that solved my problem.