testing with telnet only shows from as "postmaster"@domain

kerry....@sealedair.com

Jul 21, 2016, 11:15:49 AM7/21/16
Mail From: command does not seemed to be picked in the header of email test to this new inbound gateway. in the header it always shows for email from outside of the domain as "postmaster"

if testing using domain name the header is normal. How can I fix this?

d.agosti...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2016, 4:56:12 PM7/21/16
Le jeudi 21 juillet 2016 17:15:49 UTC+2, kerry....@sealedair.com a écrit :
> Mail From: command does not seemed to be picked in the header of email test to this new inbound gateway. in the header it always shows for email from outside of the domain as "postmaster"
>
> if testing using domain name the header is normal. How can I fix this?

Hi

"MAIL FROM" SMTP command and the "FROM:" header are two differents things.
Maybe in some case if the From header is missing <> is added which means postmaster.

Can you provide your main.cf file ?

Regards

Victor