destination_recipient_limit leaves all recipients in the header for split messages

Alex Derzhi

Feb 19, 2015, 1:18:54 PM2/19/15

We have a application that sends a single notification email to many recipients. However, our smarthost relay rejects emails with more than 50 recipients (Amazon SES). We've successfully configured Postfix to send a message to each recipient separately so that there is only one _envelope_ recipient at a time with a 1sec delay. However, the To: _header_ recipients in the message still has the original long list and gets the message rejected for having too many recipients (not sure if SES is being overly picky here, but we have to deal with it).

How can we get the To: header rewritten for the split-up relayed emails so that it only contains the single envelope recipient for that message?

Thanks!

Alex