postfix & thunderbird - unable to save to sent?

Jeff Molofee

Jul 3, 2015, 1:45:55 AM7/3/15
Anyone else experiencing this? User sends a message and once every x days they get an error stating that the message can not be saved to the sent box.

I'm unable to figure out why and it happens very rarely...

I've checked:
- message too big (it's not)
- only messages with attachments (messages without also fail)
- permission problems on their mailbox (no, and other messages do save)

Is there some way I can trouble shoot this problem?

It seems that in every instance even though the message wont save, it does send.

Would love to figure out if it's a postfix issue, a setup issue or a thunderbird issue.

Chr. Eichert

Jul 5, 2015, 1:37:42 PM7/5/15
it looks like you got logged out of the server during uploading of the
email and attachment to the email server.
or your connection dropped during uploading of email and attachment
or something like that.

best advise : set postfix on verbose and check the logfile