Add user real name retrieved by a LDAP query to sender addres

rob...@resecco.com

Jan 14, 2014, 12:12:51 PM1/14/14
Hi all,

I read manuals and many mailing lists and examples, but I cannot figure out how to configure postfix in order to achieve this "simple" result (see below)

I am lost

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance

roberto

--

Advance caveat: using sendmail -f is not a viable solution for my needs.

SCENARIO

a script running as any valid user on a linux box sends email like:

echo "Hello world" | sendmail recipient@recipientdomain

REQUEST
in mail envelope,

from: <user@senderdomain>

should be rewritten in

from: Firstname Lastname <user@senderdomain>

where Firstname Lastname is the result of a query to an LDAP server.

I could successfully set up LDAP lookup table and I can get all needed info.

From what I read, I suspect this result is achieved via header_checks, but I cannot figure out how to use the result of LDAP query inside a header_check rule

doublef...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2016, 4:23:07 PM4/13/16
Hello,

> from: <user@senderdomain>
>
> should be rewritten in
>
> from: Firstname Lastname <user@senderdomain>
>
> where Firstname Lastname is the result of a query to an LDAP server.

I've come across a similar problem and I'm wondering if you found a solution to it.

Best regards,

--
DoubleF