Close session/connection after each mail

Bailey Rud

Feb 15, 2015, 4:34:56 AM2/15/15
Hello,

I have a postfix (2.9.6) server on my debian wheey. I have the following problem:
when i sent a mail trough my postfix-server and i lock down the account, the server still allows outgoing mails by this user - i think because the session/connection is still open.

How can i close the connection/session after successfully sending an mail? I want to advise postfix to require a new authentication for each new mail.

Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my bad english, I'm from germany.

Burkhard Ott

Feb 15, 2015, 11:47:53 AM2/15/15
On Sun, 15 Feb 2015 01:34:55 -0800, Bailey Rud wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a postfix (2.9.6) server on my debian wheey. I have the following
> problem:
> when i sent a mail trough my postfix-server and i lock down the account,
> the server still allows outgoing mails by this user - i think because
> the session/connection is still open.
>
> How can i close the connection/session after successfully sending an
> mail? I want to advise postfix to require a new authentication for each
> new mail.

http://www.postfix.org/lmtp.8.html
Look for auth cache.

> Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my bad english, I'm
> from germany.

me too, I left the country :).