Start-over on Clojang

Duncan McGreggor

Jan 20, 2016, 2:06:12 AM1/20/16
to lisp-flavo...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I thought I'd give any Clojure hackers here a heads-up: I've decided to
completely revisit the Clojure-LFE/Erlang integration work I've done in
the past, given how much time I've been spending in the JVM lately. I'm
working from the bottom-up, and have begun hacking on a
Clojure-idiomatic wrapper for JInterface (working on 1.6.1 which comes
with Erlang 18.2).

There's a ticket open here:
* https://github.com/oubiwann/clojang/issues/1

It's got several subtickets, the one that's getting the most work is here:
* https://github.com/oubiwann/clojang/issues/2

The tasks are fairly well split out, so feel free to jump in there, if
hacking on Clojure-Java wrappers is your thing ;-)

As soon as this is done, I'll start on several LFE examples that utilize
Clojang, allowing for very easy and natural integration between LFE and
the JVM -- without ever having to leave Lisp. These will inform the
coding decisions for the mid- and high-level wrappers that will follow,
hopefully making it insanely easy to set up interop projects ...

Eric Bailey

Duncan McGreggor

Jan 20, 2016, 7:51:07 AM1/20/16
to lisp-flavo...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I was looking at that the oher day -- very cool!