LFE v1.0 has finally been released

Robert Virding

Mar 16, 2016, 9:15:25 PM3/16/16
to Lisp Flavoured Erlang
So LFE v1.0 has finally been released! Yay! It includes the multi-module files and compile-time macros and some features around them. The blog is the only existing documentation on it so far but there is coming more. As a value added bonus the run-macro feature is also included. If it causes problems I can easily remove it.

So please test it and see if it works.

Some plans for v1.1 and the future:

- Fix flavors to work properly with new file/module handling
- Add the generic structs
- Handle module documentation properly
- Work on the documentation
- ...

Robert

Raoul Duke

Mar 16, 2016, 9:19:20 PM3/16/16
to lisp-flavo...@googlegroups.com

Congratulations!

Duncan McGreggor

Mar 16, 2016, 9:35:54 PM3/16/16
to Lisp Flavoured Erlang
This is fantastic, Robert! Horray!!!

The years of ska bara have paid off :-D

This news comes as I've been re-reading "The Evolution of Lisp" (HOPL II), but the 109-page uncut version that Dick Gabriel has made available on his site. In other words, I couldn't be more in the mood to do some enthusiastic v1.0 updates and support :-D

I've got a long list of items to hit tonight:
 * Tweet!
 * Update the Wikipedia page
 * Re-build and re-release LFE docker images on Dockerhub
 * Update all the major LFE libraries to use v1.0
 * Update all the rebar3 plugins to use v1.0
 * ... ? I'm sure I'll find more :-)

I'll open a ticket and update it with progress.

Thanks so much, Robert!!!

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 8:19 PM, Raoul Duke <rao...@gmail.com> wrote:

Congratulations!

Robert Herman

Mar 17, 2016, 12:45:13 AM3/17/16
to Lisp Flavoured Erlang
It might as well be Christmas where I am right now, because that is how I feel today! Thanks, Robert!
And thanks to all who are contributing!

H Durer

Mar 17, 2016, 4:11:14 AM3/17/16
to lisp-flavo...@googlegroups.com

Congratulations!

Another milestone reached. Onwards and upwards!