lfe & erlang.mk

Aleksandar Radulovic

Mar 11, 2015, 5:45:58 PM3/11/15
to lisp-flavo...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

just a quick check - is anyone working on making lfe work as a dependency in projects built with erlang.mk [1]? I'm fiddling with it right now, trying to make it work.

[1] - https://github.com/ninenines/erlang.mk

Cheers,
alex
--
a lex 13 x
http://a13x.net | @a13xnet

Duncan McGreggor

Mar 11, 2015, 10:09:46 PM3/11/15
to lisp-flavo...@googlegroups.com
Robert and I chatted about it briefly at the one or two years ago, but only in passing. We were both mildly curious; I never did anything with it. Maybe he did?

Robert Virding

Mar 12, 2015, 5:41:33 AM3/12/15
to lisp-flavo...@googlegroups.com
I have only very briefly used erlang.mk, and that was at the top-level. I just had one dep and let it do the rest. So I have no idea what is needed on the deps side to make it work. I assume the dep just needs a functioning Makefile with the right targets. Looking at cowboy it has a Makefile for erlang.mk and a rebar .config.

What doesn't work?

Robert

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 4:45 PM, Aleksandar Radulovic <al...@a13x.net> wrote:
Hey,

just a quick check - is anyone working on making lfe work as a dependency in projects built with erlang.mk [1]? I'm fiddling with it right now, trying to make it work.

[1] - https://github.com/ninenines/erlang.mk

Cheers,
alex
--
a lex 13 x
http://a13x.net | @a13xnet

Aleksandar Radulovic

Mar 13, 2015, 7:30:20 AM3/13/15
to lisp-flavo...@googlegroups.com
That's correct, a dep just needs a functioning Makefile. Upon further inspection, I've discovered that it's not lfe dep that doesn't get built :), it's lfex/lutil and lfex/ljson dependencies.

I'm gonna investigate further why that is and submit a pull request.

For those interested, my makefile looks something like this:
---
PROJECT=parserl
DEPS= hackney lfe

LFEC = $(DEPS_DIR)/lfe/bin/lfec

all:: lfe

lfe: $(LFEC) -o ebin/ src/*.lfe

include erlang.mk
---

Sorry for the false alarm and the confusion.

Cheers,
alex