Index JPEG with CMYK color mode.

Adriano Ferreira

Aug 1, 2013, 2:51:14 PM8/1/13
to lire...@googlegroups.com
Hi. I trying to index a CMYK JPEG image and I receive the Exception:

javax.imageio.IIOException: Incompatible color conversion
at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.checkColorConversion(JPEGImageReader.java:973)
at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.readInternal(JPEGImageReader.java:1078)
at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.read(JPEGImageReader.java:1034)
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(ImageIO.java:1448)
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(ImageIO.java:1352)
at net.semanticmetadata.lire.AbstractDocumentBuilder.createDocument(Unknown Source)

Anyone know how can I fix that?

Thanks.
Adriano

Mathias Lux

Aug 2, 2013, 2:01:41 AM8/2/13
to lire...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adriano!

This is a common issue with Java. It just cannot read some variants of
JPEG files. You may try load the image with with ImageJ

http://www.semanticmetadata.net/wiki/doku.php?id=lire:imageread

cheers,
Mathias

--
Dr. Mathias Lux
Assistant Professor, Klagenfurt University, Austria

Adriano Ferreira

Aug 6, 2013, 10:12:26 AM8/6/13
to lire...@googlegroups.com, ml...@itec.uni-klu.ac.at
Ok...