no segments* file found in org.apache.lucene.store.NIOFSDirectory

Adriano Ferreira

Aug 6, 2013, 11:14:12 AM8/6/13
to lire...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

I'm getting an error when trying to read the index.

org.apache.lucene.index.IndexNotFoundException: no segments* file found in org.apache.lucene.store.NIOFSDirectory@/ lockFactory=org.apache.lucene.store.NativeFSLockFactory@56f324: files: [vmlinuz.old, initrd.img, initrd.img.old, vmlinuz]
> at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:741)
at org.apache.lucene.index.StandardDirectoryReader.open(StandardDirectoryReader.java:52)
at org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader.open(DirectoryReader.java:65)
at com.indekse.data.DataIndexManager.searchIndex(DataIndexManager.java:210)

The directory exists and seems to be ok. I opened with Luke and no error is displayed.

Anyone know how to resolve this exception?

Tks
Adriano

Mathias Lux

Aug 6, 2013, 11:17:21 AM8/6/13
to lire...@googlegroups.com
Hi Judging from the error message you indicated your linux root as
index directory (/ ... also the hint on the vmlinuz files). Can you
make sure that the right directory is given to the DirectoryReader?

cheers,
Mathias

--
Dr. Mathias Lux
Assistant Professor, Klagenfurt University, Austria

Adriano Ferreira

Aug 6, 2013, 11:37:09 AM8/6/13
to lire...@googlegroups.com, ml...@itec.uni-klu.ac.at
Sorry for the time taken. The directory index is received from the database and my query was in trouble.

Tks.