Use These Tools To Change Settings Removed From Ubuntu and GNOME

G.LinuxDucks

Sep 24, 2015, 10:45:48 AM9/24/15
to Linux...@yahoogroups.com, linux...@googlegroups.com
Use These Tools To Change Settings Removed From Ubuntu and GNOME
GNOME Tweak Tool
In 2005, Linus Torvalds said, “I don’t use GNOME, because in striving to be simple, it has long since reached the point where it simply doesn’t do what I need it to do.” GNOME’s developers have continued removing options.

Ubuntu uses many of GNOME’s settings dialogs, so it’s losing these options along the way. For example, disabling Caps Lock used to take a few clicks — on Ubuntu 14.04, it now requires terminal commands.

GNOME Tweak Tool is available for every Linux distribution with GNOME 3 and GNOME Shell, including Ubuntu. It also works with Ubuntu’s Unity desktop environment because so many components are shared with GNOME. It’s available in Ubuntu’s Software Center as “Tweak Tool.” On other Linux distributions, it may be called something like “GNOME Tweak Tool” or even “Advanced Settings.”....
http://www.howtogeek.com/194900/use-these-tools-to-change-settings-removed-from-ubuntu-and-gnome/
--
SENDER: g.linuxducks / Creator:
LinuxDucks Linux Operating System Club