[gentoo-user] IPI shortcut/no shortcut mode question

»Q«

Nov 10, 2007, 4:00:10 PM11/10/07
I'm using tuxonice-sources on an x86 machine. After switching from
2.6.23 to 2.6.23-r1, I notice that during boot I get "Using IPI
No-Shortcut mode" followed by a count from 1 to 100. I don't think I
had this delay before; it's possible, but unlikely, that I just didn't
notice it; it takes about 20 seconds. When configuring 2.6.23-r1, I
only took a quick look at the tuxonice settings, since I thought that
was all that might have changed, but maybe I inadvertently changed
something else in the config.

Can anybody point me to info about what's going on and how I
might avoid this delay? Whatever shortcut mode is, if I can use it, I
want it.

I googled, but I can't even tell if it's something to do with processor
interrupts or peripheral interfaces. (I'm gussing it's not
InterPlanetary Internet. ;)