Hello, short introduction

Rudy Gevaert

Feb 7, 2015, 1:49:05 PM2/7/15
to linux-e...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I just found out of this group.  My name is Rudy Gevaert and I'm living in Belgium.  However I have a ICT project in Jimma University.  For the last 8 years I have been building ICT capacity at JU.  We mainly focus on the usage of GNU/Linux.

How many people are following this group?  Any people I know?

Rudy

tegegne tefera

Feb 7, 2015, 4:02:20 PM2/7/15
to linux-e...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the group Rudy.

There are about 53 registered users in this group. Some in Ethiopia
and others in diaspora. We are mainly users but some are/were involved
in localization efforts, and there were some who work in ICT sector in
Ethiopia.

I lived in Jimma long time ago and have still relatives there.

Do you ave contact with students or only with faculty?

cheers

Rudy Gevaert

Feb 8, 2015, 5:46:39 AM2/8/15
to linux-e...@googlegroups.com
Hello Teferra,

I have taught two master classes in system administration this and least year at Jimma University.  So I have had some contacts with students.  But primarily I work with the staff of the ICT office.

It would be nice if some other people here could reply :)

Rudy

Betselot Hailu

Apr 7, 2015, 8:48:54 AM4/7/15
to linux-e...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rudy! Nice to see you here. I also just found this group!