ワークショップ(1/21)のご案内

Masao Ochi

Dec 20, 2017, 4:51:45 AM12/20/17
to linguis...@googlegroups.com
皆様(重複して案内を受け取った場合はご容赦ください)

大阪大学の越智正男と申します。来月の1/21(日)にワークショップを
開催いたします。どうぞご参加ください。よろしくお願い申し上げます。

Workshop on (Nominal) Arguments and Clause Structure in Japanese

日時:2018121日(日)10:00~16:10
場所:大阪大学文学部本館2階大会議室
使用言語:日本語
参加費:無料
事前登録:不要
連絡先:oc...@lang.osaka-u.ac.jp (大阪大学言語文化研究科 越智正男)

10:00 ~ 11:00 野口雄矢(大阪大学大学院)
A Further Investigation into Double Complement Accusatives in Japanese
In this presentation, I investigate “double complement accusatives” in Japanese and propose
their structures by refining Takano's (2011) analysis and incorporating insights from
Miyagawa & Tsujioka (2004). I further argue, as a consequence of my proposal,
that syntactic structures are built up through head-excorporation (Saito 2012).

11:10 ~ 12:10 坂本祐太(中京大学)
Argument Ellipsis: Its Interaction with Radical Pro-drop and Labeling
In this presentation, I will discuss argument ellipsis, paying special attention
to its interaction with radical pro-drop and labeling. Specifically, building on
Saito's (2007) insight that argument ellipsis and radical pro-drop should not be
disconnected, I will claim that radical pro-drop is a prerequisite for argument ellipsis.
I will also provide (novel) data on argument ellipsis in Mongolian that would
constitute a potential problem for Saito's (2016) recent account for the availability of
argument ellipsis in a language, seeking an alternative under the labeling framework.

13:30 ~ 14:30 田中秀治(三重大学)
Pseudogapping in Japanese (林晋太郎氏との共同研究)
This study aims to develop Funakoshi’s (2016) claim that pseudogapping is possible in Japanese
as well as in English. In particular, we point out a difference between English and Japanese
pseudogapping, and propose how to derive it. As a consequence of our analysis, we pose a challenge
to Thoms's (2016) Scope Parallelism approach to pseudogapping.

14:40 ~ 16:10 宮川繁(MIT/東京大学)
No as a Last-Resort Case Marker
Three types of genitive in ga/no conversion have been identified
(Miyagawa 2012, Ochi 2017, Ochi and Saruwatari, in press):
· D-licensed
· Genitive of Dependent Tense
· Subject of unaccusative verbs in the main clause (Kumamoto/Nagasaki Japanese)
All three share the trait, originally due to Watanabe (1996), that they occur in Spec,vP, not Spec,TP.
GDT and the main-clause genitive subject in K/N Japanese are limited to unaccusatives (with one additional
possibility in K/N J). Ochi (2017) proposes to unify all three types of genitive through a mechanism of
C-T head licensing. In this paper I will extend Ochi’s idea to unify the various types of genitive
by considering –no to be a last-resort case marker. In many ways, this is a new version of the contextual case marking
of no originally suggested by Kitagawa and Ross (1982) and extended by Saito and Murasugi (1990).

16:30 ~ レセプション (言語文化研究科B1F大会議室の予定)