Mark Dingemanse氏講演会@名大(12/16)

Kimi Akita

Nov 28, 2016, 10:57:40 PM11/28/16
to linguis...@googlegroups.com
MLのみなさま

名古屋大学の秋田と申します。
以下のとおり講演会を開催致しますので、お誘い合わせのうえ奮ってご参加ください。

=========================
第42回
名古屋大学大学院国際言語文化研究科
応用言語学講座公開講演会

講師:Dr. Mark Dingemanse
   (Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics)

題目:Recruiting assistance in Siwu and beyond:
   A case study in comparative conversation analysis

日時:2016年12月16日 (金) 午後4時30分~6時00分

場所:名古屋大学 文系総合館7階カンファレンスホール

交通案内:地下鉄名城線「名古屋大学駅」①番出口徒歩数分

入場無料・事前申込不要

要旨:
Doing things for and with others is one of the foundations of human social life. The question of how we recruit the assistance of others has venerable roots in ethnography (Frake 1964) and in the philosophical study of speech acts (Searle 1969), yet it has only recently become possible to address it more systematically using records of actual behaviour in conversation. I present a study of one of the most concrete forms of prosociality in everyday social interaction: recruitments, when someone gets another to carry out a practical action for or with them. Much prior work on requesting in social interaction has focused on how requests are shaped by participants’ claims of entitlement (Heinemann 2006; Curl and Drew 2008), or how formats are selected depending on the degree of imposition on a recipient (Brown and Levinson 1978; Fukushima 1996). To bring out differences clearly, such analyses often contrast a small number of formats under large social or situational asymmetries. Complementing such approaches, this study presents a survey of the recruitment system of one language based on a systematic collection of 207 recruitment turns and responses from a corpus of informal conversation. By focusing on requests for here-and-now actions, we can observe a wider range of factors that shape and constrain the design and selection of recruitments and their responses in everyday interaction. Examining the interactional practices by which people recruit assistance contributes to our understanding of how language is shaped by social interaction.

後援:名古屋大学大学院国際言語文化研究科 教育研究プロジェクト経費「人文学としての言語学・応用言語学若手研究者の発信力強化プロジェクト」

お問い合わせ:秋田喜美(名古屋大学大学院国際言語文化研究科)
akita at-sign lang.nagoya-u.ac.jp

尚、同じ週の月曜日には、Gunter Senft氏による講演も予定致しておりますことを、リマインドさせていただきます:

よろしくお願い致します。

秋田喜美