Melting aluminum soda cans to create the hackerspace mascot!!! (Saturday, December 19th @ 11:00)

Limassol Hackerspace

Dec 14, 2015, 3:53:32 PM12/14/15
to Limassol Hackerspace
Hello peeps,

Think again before you throw that soda can in the trash! You should at least put it in the recycling bin...

... that being said, an even cooler alternative would be to bring it to the hackerspace next Saturday :)

And yes, we are talking about real bad-ass aluminum casting here! Join in to see the hackerspace mascot rising from a silver stream of molten metal (as the legend has it...)

Bring along whatever cans you have laying around to watch them melt down to a shiny liquid in a matter of seconds.

A few remarks:
  • Please note that these have to be aluminum cans otherwise they won't melt in the furnace
  • Make sure that any cans you bring have an "ALU" sign on them (should look something like this)
  • Make a foam model of something you want to cast and bring it along!
  • Here's how the process works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzUgLnBxMzw

Date & Time: Saturday, December 19th @ 11:00

Place: The hackerspace (map)

See you there!

P.S.: In case you haven't noticed, there will be a 3D modeling/printing workshop on December 29th at the space (event). Afterwards, we will serve mulled wine -- a special hackerspace recipe, of course. More on this soon!