0.2.1 released

Chris Granger

Dec 5, 2012, 4:16:14 PM12/5/12
to light...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,

I just pushed a big stability update - this is a binary update, so while LightTable will try to download it, after doing so it will tell you to go redownload from http://www.lighttable.com

All known crashes have been fixed, issues with settings getting overwritten have been addressed, and it should feel *much* snappier than before (especially on mac). Eval is now noticeably faster. Full change list here: https://github.com/Kodowa/Light-Table-Playground/blob/master/README.md or you can also get it by running the "version" command in the latest version.

Updates will now be pushed automatically (with me still doing announcements). Unfortunately I still don't have a mechanism for replacing the binary itself, but there should be fewer binary updates and LT will tell you when you need to go get them.

WINDOWS USERS: I believe the issues finding java have been fixed, but in order for LT to find it, java *must* be on your PATH. Here's how you do that in win7: http://geekswithblogs.net/renso/archive/2009/10/21/how-to-set-the-windows-path-in-windows-7.aspx

Cheers,
Chris.