Close GitHub issues with no activity after some amount of time?

Kenny Evitt

Mar 6, 2015, 10:38:41 AM3/6/15
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
I've been helping with the Windows issues in the GitHub repo but a few issues – actually most of those still open – haven't had any activity in a while. Some because I haven't gotten to investigating further, or debugging code, but some because whomever opened the issue, or others that observed or experienced the same issue, haven't followed-up or replied to questions or requests for more information.

For issues that aren't assigned to anyone, it would be sensible and reasonable to close them if there's no activity after some period of time, say 30 days or 60 days.

Or should I just 'flag' one of the core maintainers for issues I think warrant being closed because of inactivity?

Gabriel Horner

Mar 6, 2015, 12:44:32 PM3/6/15
On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Kenny Evitt <kenny...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've been helping with the Windows issues in the GitHub repo but a few issues – actually most of those still open – haven't had any activity in a while. Some because I haven't gotten to investigating further, or debugging code, but some because whomever opened the issue, or others that observed or experienced the same issue, haven't followed-up or replied to questions or requests for more information.

Completely agree that issues that aren't responded to should be closed. I'm fine with an even shorter window - 2 to 3 weeks. We can always reopen.

For issues that aren't assigned to anyone, it would be sensible and reasonable to close them if there's no activity after some period of time, say 30 days or 60 days.

Or should I just 'flag' one of the core maintainers for issues I think warrant being closed because of inactivity?

Nah. I've given you Github permissions and trust your judgement on these. Feel free to label [1] and close issues. Recently I've been using the not-reproducible label early in issues I can't reproduce and it has lead to more useful bug reports. If you run out of Windows issues feel free to investigate any others you can reproduce. Thanks for all the help!

Cheers,
Gabriel

Kenny Evitt

Mar 6, 2015, 2:00:24 PM3/6/15
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback. And the trust. And all the work you do. I'm glad to help!