Plugin Download stats ?

Magnus Rundberget

Feb 17, 2015, 4:27:53 AM2/17/15
to light-table...@googlegroups.com

Previously it was possible to get an overview of how many downloads various plugins had.
(this used to work: http://ltplugins.herokuapp.com/)

I guess this got lost through the plugin repo restructuring.

Is there any way to get download stats currently or are there any thoughts on addressing such a feature ?

cheers
Magnus

Gabriel Horner

Feb 20, 2015, 3:18:14 PM2/20/15
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
This would be nice to have and was lost in the repo restructuring. There isn't a way to get download stats currently because LT fetches a plugin's tarball [1] and github no longer provide statistics on tarball fetches. If we had a counter service to keep track of installs by plugin name, we could add it in front of this function [2]. I don't have the interest to build and run this service but am open to integrating with such a service. This service would probably need to live under the LightTable organization at some point.

Cheers,