ultra 0.3.4 causes problems with intarepl

88 vues

Thomas

non lue,
13 juil. 2015, 10:18:5513/07/2015
à light-table...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I recently upgraded to the latest level of Ultra [1] 0.3.4 and now the instarepl doesn't start any more. I am getting this error message:

We couldn't connect.
Looks like there was an issue trying to connect to the project. Here's what we got:
final project:  {:compile-path /home/veen/.config/LightTable/plugins/Clojure/runner/resources/target/classes, :group local-client, :global-vars {}, :checkout-deps-shares [:source-paths :test-paths :resource-paths :compile-path #'leiningen.core.classpath/checkout-deps-paths], :ultra {:color-scheme :solarized_dark}, :repl-options {:nrepl-context {:interactive-eval {:renderer whidbey.render/render-str}}, :nrepl-middleware [clojure.tools.nrepl.middleware.render-values/render-values lighttable.nrepl.handler/lighttable-ops ...

I have also reported this to the ultra project, but we have seen this before  (can't find the link at the moment).

Thomas

Magnus Rundberget

non lue,
13 juil. 2015, 13:56:1513/07/2015
à light-table...@googlegroups.com
Hmm

Indeed it sounded familiar:
https://github.com/LightTable/LightTable/issues/1848

and ultra issue: https://github.com/venantius/ultra/issues/19

You didn't get any exception/stack-trace ?

-magnus

Thomas

non lue,
14 juil. 2015, 06:34:3414/07/2015

On Monday, 13 July 2015 18:56:15 UTC+1, Magnus Rundberget wrote:
Hmm

Indeed it sounded familiar:
https://github.com/LightTable/LightTable/issues/1848

and ultra issue: https://github.com/venantius/ultra/issues/19

You didn't get any exception/stack-trace

yes there is a stack trace:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resolve symbol: some? in this context, compiling:(io/aviso/columns.clj:189:11)
	at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6380)
	at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6322)
	at clojure.lang.Compiler$InvokeExpr.parse(Compiler.java:3573)
	at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:6562)
	at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6361)
	at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6322)
	at clojure.lang.Compiler$IfExpr$Parser.parse(Compiler.java:2664)
 at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:6560)

And it looks like this problem has come back... I just added the :repl false to the ultra entry in .lein/profiles.clj but that hasn't fixed the problem.

So the problem is slightly different I suspect.

Thomas

Magnus Rundberget

non lue,
14 juil. 2015, 09:17:5914/07/2015
à light-table...@googlegroups.com
sounds like it could it be a clojure version problem.

some? was introduced in clojure 1.6.
If you aren't connecting to an explicit project, but just using instarepl directly  lighttable will default to clojure 1.5.1 I think.

Try connecting to a project set up with clojure 1.6 (or 1.7 for that matter) and then fire up an instarepl for that project to see if the problem still persists.

cheers
Magnus

Thomas

non lue,
24 juil. 2015, 05:54:4024/07/2015
à Light Table Discussion,mru...@gmail.com
Hi,

Sorry for taking some time on this.... but yes.... using ultra 0.3.4 and opening an instarepl on a project that uses Clojure 1.7 works.

and just opening a instarepl will give me an error. so I think this is understood now and upgrading to Clojure 1.7 as the default in LT would be best I think.

Thomas
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer