Vim bindings missing command mode and search?

brian gorman

Apr 5, 2016, 4:47:11 PM4/5/16
to Light Table Discussion
I am normally a vim user.

It is driving me crazy that I cannot do ":wq" ":linenumber" and "/" to save and navigate through files. Is there something obvious I am missing here? If not, what would it take to get this fixed?

Thanks,

Brian

Gabriel Horner

Apr 5, 2016, 9:13:45 PM4/5/16
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian. If you install the Vim plugin, :wq and / are implemented. :40 isn't implemented but 40G is. Pull requests welcome for :40

Cheers,
Gabriel

brian gorman

Apr 7, 2016, 1:53:33 PM4/7/16
to Light Table Discussion
Hi Gabriel,

I have the vim pluin installed and :wq and / clearly do not work. Should I file a bug for this? Do you know where this is supposed to be implemented.

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 4:47 PM, brian gorman <bgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am normally a vim user.

It is driving me crazy that I cannot do ":wq" ":linenumber" and "/" to save and navigate through files. Is there something obvious I am missing here? If not, what would it take to get this fixed?

Thanks,

Brian

Gabriel Horner

Apr 8, 2016, 7:29:35 AM4/8/16
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,
  They're both implemented in the Vim plugin: :wq and / search . To ensure it's not an environment bug, I'd recommend using a fresh LT install with latest Vim plugin and no 3rd party plugins. Feel free to file an issue. We'll need steps to reproduce in order to debug

Cheers, Gabriel

Stephen King

Apr 28, 2016, 10:52:40 AM4/28/16
to Light Table Discussion
Hey Brian,
I'm in your same boat; normal vim user, vim plugin didn't support ":" anything.  I went into my user keybindings and had to enter this:

After I entered that, saved, ":w", ":wq" and other normal commands worked.  I don't know if this is a good option or not, I am new to light table.
But that brought a new bug.  If I close light table and then open it again the vim key binding doesn't work until I go to my user keybindings file and save it again.
It was this problem that brought me to join this group to find a solution.

Anyways, I am going to try cldwalker idea of a fresh install and if that doesn't work I guess I will open an issue.

Let me know if you make any progress and I hope this helps.

Regards,
Stv

brian gorman

Jun 21, 2016, 7:11:52 PM6/21/16
to Light Table Discussion
Hi, This issue is reported here as well

https://github.com/LightTable/LightTable/issues/2190

I will pay 50 dollars to anyone who fixes this bug. Lighttable is not usable for me without this fixed.

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 1:53 PM, brian gorman <bgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Gabriel,

I have the vim pluin installed and :wq and / clearly do not work. Should I file a bug for this? Do you know where this is supposed to be implemented.

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 6:13:45 PM UTC-7, cldwalker wrote:
Hi Brian. If you install the Vim plugin, :wq and / are implemented. :40 isn't implemented but 40G is. Pull requests welcome for :40

Cheers,
Gabriel
On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 4:47 PM, brian gorman <bgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am normally a vim user.

It is driving me crazy that I cannot do ":wq" ":linenumber" and "/" to save and navigate through files. Is there something obvious I am missing here? If not, what would it take to get this fixed?

Thanks,

Brian

Kenny Evitt

Jun 22, 2016, 9:35:56 PM6/22/16
to Light Table Discussion
I'd be pretty happy if someone else fixes it too, or even just figures it out. It's a deep deep rabbit hole of not-my-code.