Clojure & Clojurescript Spec Syntax Support?

Michael Ball

Sep 5, 2016, 7:15:04 PM9/5/16
to Light Table Discussion
I was playing around with the new clojure.spec coming in clojure/clojurescript 1.9 and noticed that LightTable can't seem to open a clojure repl with clojure 1.9.0-alpha11.

Error loading lighttable.nrepl.handler: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Call to clojure.core/ns did not conform to spec:
In: [1] val: ((require [clojure.string :as string] [cljs.source-map.base64 :as base64])) fails at: [:args] predicate: (cat :docstring (? string?) :attr-map (? map?)

I also noticed that in earlier alphas that some of the new syntax doesn't work either, specifically the new namespace map literal syntax doesn't seem to work.

#:clojure.spec{:name "jane"}
=> {:clojure.spec/name "jane"}

Has anyone got this working, or is this an issue that needs to be reported?

Kenny Evitt

Sep 11, 2016, 2:29:44 PM9/11/16
to Light Table Discussion
I'm pretty sure this is because LT (and the 'LT NREPL handler' too) are stuck on an old version of ClojureScript.
Message has been deleted

Boris V. Schmid

Sep 23, 2016, 9:15:30 PM9/23/16
to Light Table Discussion
Alex Miller at the Clojure group pointed out that it is indeed the old clojurescript version, which has an "(ns (require" in it.

Scott Bauer

Sep 23, 2016, 9:40:35 PM9/23/16
to Light Table Discussion
Thanks for confirming this, Boris! It seems that once we update to a newer Clojurescript this problem should largely dissipate. I cannot give a timeline as to when it will be updated, but it is a high priority.

Thanks again!