Using Light Table in Yeoman-like code generation context

Nikolaj Ivancic

Jun 17, 2015, 11:18:45 PM6/17/15
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
There are quite a few Node Development Environments (MEAN) that use customized Yeoman generators to create application scaffolding. The data for such generator are obtained in a painful, unidirectional way using the CLI (line editor) based "interview" process and once done, there is no way back.

I would like to improve this experience using a full two dimensional canvas to implement the same functionality using the bi-directional wizard / editor to manage all pedestrian aspects of JavaScript application building, so on the first glance Light Table might be a good "host" for my app, as it would be used in the initial app skeleton creation and subsequent app development actions.

Clearly my app generator needs to be hosted outside the browser in order to be able to invoke all actions that are today done with yeoman and the while family of npm modules - so Atom, Light Table, Sublime, etc are all possible candidates.

My question is this: does anyone know of any such or similar attempts, reasons to select one of the possible hosts (Atom, Light Table etc), the traps to avoid, etc,