LightTable 0.8.1 Auto-complete not selectable on Linux

Jason Graves

Apr 21, 2017, 1:42:50 PM4/21/17
to Light Table Discussion
Hello,

I'm using Arch Linux and running LightTable 0.8.1, after the latest update to 0.8.1 I've lost the ability to select an item out of the auto-complete using the keyboard.  I can only select it by using the mouse which is a major hindrance and slows my down.  I've searched online and found posts regarding putting keybindings in to not allow for passthrough such as:

[:editor.keys.hinting.active "-enter" :passthrough]

However, this does nothing for me.  Enter and tab key still close the auto-complete and either tab in or go to the next line respectively.  Any help here would be greatly appreciated because I can't for the life of me get this to work.

Also, as a side note.  I installed the same version on Windows 10 and the auto-complete key works just fine.

For the sake of completeness, this is the actual body of my user.keymap:

[

[:editor "alt-w" :editor.watch.watch-selection]

[:editor "alt-shift-w" :editor.watch.unwatch]

;; To subtract a keybinding, prefix the key with '-'  e.g.

;;  [:app "-ctrl-shift-d" :docs.search.show]

[:editor.keys.hinting.active "-enter" :passthrough]

[:tabs "alt-shift-left" :tabs.prev]

[:tabs "alt-shift-right" :tabs.next]
]

Thanks.

MarcusE1W

Apr 28, 2017, 7:17:25 AM4/28/17
to Light Table Discussion
Hi all.

I have the same issue with Archlinux and LightTable 0.8.1

To test a bit I have set up autocompletion to a different key. This works for me:
[:editor.keys.hinting.active "`" :auto-complete]

However, the up and down key also interupts autocomplete in my LightTable. I  have the standard setup here.

Strangely I am quite sure that it did work not too long ago (I only use LightTable since February) and I am not aware which change could have triggered thiss

Does anyone have an idea why tab-autocomplete does not work here?

MarcusE1W

Jun 8, 2017, 7:52:29 AM6/8/17
to Light Table Discussion
I have opened an issue on GitHub: #2338 https://github.com/LightTable/LightTable/issues/2338