Not all workspace files appearing in open navigate panel?

Sean Corfield

Jul 10, 2014, 2:21:06 PM7/10/14
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
On my machine, having added a folder to my workspace, the open navigate panel shows me all files.

On a colleague's machine - in theory identical in setup, including the same plugins and settings, using the same file paths - the open navigate panel is missing a lot of files (typically unit test files but often others too).

Even after manually forcing "refresh folder" from the workspace panel, not all files seem to show up.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting this? Any idea what might cause it?

Sean Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."

signature.asc

Chris Granger

Jul 10, 2014, 3:39:55 PM7/10/14
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
what's the file count of the folders in the workspace. We stop trying to index them at 8000. Only other thing I can think of is either permissions or there's something about the path that is in the exclusions regex.

Cheers,
Chris.

Sean Corfield

Jul 11, 2014, 1:06:31 PM7/11/14
On Jul 10, 2014, at 12:39 PM, Chris Granger <ibd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> what's the file count of the folders in the workspace. We stop trying to index them at 8000. Only other thing I can think of is either permissions or there's something about the path that is in the exclusions regex.

Bingo! It's a combination of both of those things...

The workspace has about 13K files but in my setup, I exclude several things and that is missing from his setup - so he is getting a less complete index than I am.

However, I ran a file count at the command line excluding everything I have in my ignore-pattern and still hit 9,500 files so that 8,000 limit really is a bit low for us. Can we change that configuration in the behaviors file?
signature.asc

cldwalker

Jul 11, 2014, 9:09:03 PM7/11/14

On Friday, July 11, 2014 1:06:31 PM UTC-4, Sean Corfield wrote:
On Jul 10, 2014, at 12:39 PM, Chris Granger <ibd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> what's the file count of the folders in the workspace. We stop trying to index them at 8000. Only other thing I can think of is either permissions or there's something about the path that is in the exclusions regex.

Bingo! It's a combination of both of those things...

The workspace has about 13K files but in my setup, I exclude several things and that is missing from his setup - so he is getting a less complete index than I am.

However, I ran a file count at the command line excluding everything I have in my ignore-pattern and still hit 9,500 files so that 8,000 limit really is a bit low for us. Can we change that configuration in the behaviors file?

Sean Corfield

Jul 12, 2014, 3:12:18 PM7/12/14
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
Perfect! Thank you!