ANN: clj-light-refactor, Clojure refactoring support and then some !

Magnus Rundberget

Apr 9, 2015, 6:01:14 PM4/9/15
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
Hi !

I'm excited to finally announce the first official release of my Clojure Refactoring Plugin. 0.1.0 is now out in the wild (available through the plugin manager). You do need to read the readme on github for setting it up: https://github.com/rundis/clj-light-refactor

Highlights:
- It contains some pretty cool clojure refactoring features enabled by https://github.com/clojure-emacs/refactor-nrepl
(find usages, rename, resolve missing, cleanup ns and extract function, dependency autocompletion and dependency hotloading)
- It also contains some not so cool, but still useful simple form refactorings for both Clojure & ClojureScript (limited usage due to their impl though)
- And last but not least some fairly useful bonus features enabled by https://github.com/clojure-emacs/cider-nrepl
(a smarter autocomplete using compliment, better formatting support using cljfmt, test support for clojure.test and a nice macroexpand feature)

It's a first release and I might have opted for quantity over quality so far, but I felt now was the time to get it out in the wild to get some feedback.
Hopefully you'll find some of it useful and maybe it'll trigger some interest in contributing. I could really use some help to take it further both in terms of features and quality.
My underlying motivation is to make Clojure support in Light Table awesome, this plugin is hopefully a tiny step in that direction !

cheers
Magnus

Magnus Rundberget

Apr 13, 2015, 10:21:31 PM4/13/15
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
 Hi !

Did a screencast showcasing some of the most recent features as well:

ScreenCast : "A pinch of Clojure love to Light Table" http://rundis.github.io/blog/2015/clojure_light_love.html

cheers
Magnus

Magnus Rundberget

Apr 21, 2015, 7:01:58 PM4/21/15
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
Version 0.1.5 just out.

New features
- namespace browser
-  jump to resource

enjoy !
-magnus

James Trunk

Apr 22, 2015, 4:51:01 AM4/22/15
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
Hi Magnus,

clj-light-refactor is shaping up nicely. Thanks for all your hard work on this.

Cheers,
James

Magnus Rundberget

Apr 23, 2015, 1:41:19 PM4/23/15
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
Tx for the feedback,  I appreciate it !

-magnus

Magnus Rundberget

Jul 14, 2015, 1:49:28 PM7/14/15
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
Hi again !

Version 0.1.6 just out (https://github.com/rundis/clj-light-refactor):
- Improved the threading and if refactorings to be newline and comment aware (using rewrite-cljs)
- Introduced 3 new handy refactorings; Introduce-let, promote-let and move-to-let
- Fixed a few issues to allow upgrading middleware dependent refactoring features to use refactor-nrepl 1.1.0

cheers
Magnus

Kenny Evitt

Jul 15, 2015, 7:22:36 AM7/15/15