Help with Python 3 support in core Python plugin

Kenny Evitt

Jun 29, 2015, 9:22:40 AM6/29/15
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
There are a couple of open pull requests for the Python plugin (a core plugin).

I'm not familiar enough with Python to evaluate the changes made in the PRs.

I'd be grateful for anyone willing to test the PRs and provide appropriate feedback about them.

Simon E.

Jun 29, 2015, 11:10:35 AM6/29/15
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
Not super familiar with Python 3 unicode stuff, but should be pretty easy to test out the virtualenv pull request... I'll have a look.

andy hayden

Jun 29, 2015, 5:48:17 PM6/29/15
to light-table...@googlegroups.com
I posted a comment on the unicode encode vs decode https://github.com/LightTable/Python/pull/30#issuecomment-116751104
(Long story short: encode only worked before because python 2 is forgiving on unicode stuff.)

Hopefully the rest of the changes are fairly innocuous. But obviously testing would really help!

Thanks.

Kenny Evitt

Jun 30, 2015, 9:06:26 AM6/30/15
to light-table...@googlegroups.com