Built with Lift: Giterrific

Matt Farmer

Sep 2, 2016, 10:43:03 PM9/2/16
to Lift
Hey all,

I wanted to let you all know about a little OSS project I built with Lift recently. It’s named Giterrific. It’s a JSON API microservice for surfacing information about git repositories on a git server.

I ran into a problem recently whereby I had a git server and I would periodically need information about different repositories on the server. Nothing complex. Just things like commit summaries and file structures and so forth. The rub was there wasn’t an easy way to surface that information. So we ended up having to clone these repositories down to the server that needed the information. Then we needed to worry about those servers knowing whether they had the latest HEAD of the repository or not. And so I built a thing to make all that fuss go away. :)

I hope to eventually make it good enough to fully replace gitweb, but for now it’s doing what I want.

You can find the project here:

It consists of a server - which is available as a Docker image on Docker Hub - and client bindings for Scala.

Let me know what y’all think!

Cheers,

Matt Farmer | Blog | Twitter
GPG: CD57 2E26 F60C 0A61 E6D8  FC72 4493 8917 D667 4D07

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Sep 12, 2016, 7:48:27 AM9/12/16
to Lift
This, by the way, is straight up awesome. Was busy when you originally posted
and forgot to reply.

Less fuss, less… Muss?
Antonio