Simplification of LiftSession's findVisibleTemplate function

Vitaliy L

Apr 5, 2016, 8:03:34 AM4/5/16
to Lift
Hi all,

I've found some redundant code pieces and done small enhancement of LiftSession's function. github commit
I would like to make pull request, but I know that original/master branch is 3.0-RC2 now. Which source branch can I use for pull request if you don't mind?

Thanks,
Vitalii

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Apr 5, 2016, 2:41:08 PM4/5/16
to Lift
Hey Vitaliy,
I want to make sure you've read the CONTRIBUTING file in the
Lift repo and are aware that the scope of changes that we accept
from non-committers is pretty limited so as to retain clean IP for the
Lift codebase. Mostly I want to make sure you've read it so that you
don't start doing some deeper work that you want to contribute back,
only to find out that we aren't willing to accept it :)

That said, this change is certainly small enough that we can accept
it. But, as you noted, we're currently on RC2 in the master branch.
We don't actually have a branch for forward development apart from
master, mostly because we're all busy enough that we mostly only
focus on one branch at a time. But, you can open your PR against
master and we'll just tag it with Lift 3.1 and not merge it until after we
release Lift 3.0.0 :)
Thanks!
Antonio